Stay away, O round one

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Anyone else catch this?

http://www.inthenews.co.uk/sports/transfergossip/sport/football/transfer-gossip/january-9th-–-ronaldo-wear-black-and-white-viduka-joining-hammers-revolution-ljungberg-heading-italy-$1038968.htm

Basically, the essence of it is:

Real Madrid "star" Ronaldo could be the next player on Glenn Roeder's shopping list as he is rumoured to be on the verge of a switch to Newcastle United.

NO WAY THIS HAPPENS.  Not even Anne Robinson Glenn Roeder would do something like this.  Hell, Souey would have thought this to be a little too much.

Only way I can rationalize it is that FS wants somebody on the squad that's eats more pastry than he does.

Would be the new Kluivert.

Half the board would have hope the old form and would return and live on the fact "we will get him motivated".

The other half would be on his back from the start.

That said if he was motivated I wouldnt mind for a year or so.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Even if he came here motivated and regained some of his form, he's not getting any younger and I'm not sure how many new tricks he can learn.  Consider:  His prime was ten years ago, and he hasn't been an impact player for a few years. 

The main reason I don't like it is because I think we would sell him at a loss.  It's tough to see him becoming more valuable in 1-2 years.

It is possible I would consider a loan deal, however...

Guest Imperio

Completely depends on the fee and what kind of wages he would demand. If he could get his act together he can still be an amazing player.

Can't see him changing his ways if he came here, if he couldn't motivate himself for Brazil at the World Cup, why would he for us?