Disgusting

Taylor Swift

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=407251&cc=5739

Court overturns Aragones fine over Henry remarks

MADRID, Feb 7 (Reuters) - Spain coach Luis Aragones has won his legal appeal against a €3,000 ($3,878) fine given to him for making derogatory remarks about France striker Thierry Henry in October 2004.

'My lawyer told me this morning,' Aragones told Cadena Ser radio late on Tuesday. 'I went to court because it was a stain on my reputation and because the offence did not exist as some judges thought.'

The ruling is definitive and there is no right of appeal.

Aragones caused controversy in October 2004 when he was heard in a training session telling striker Jose Antonio Reyes that he was better than 'that black shit', referring to the Spaniard's Arsenal team mate Henry.

Aragones apologised after widespread criticism of his behaviour, saying he had not meant to offend anyone and that his conscience was clear.

He stirred further controversy, however, by mounting an energetic defence of his comments before a friendly against England in November 2004.

That match in Madrid was marred by racist abuse of England's black players by sections of the crowd.

The Spanish Football Federation opened an investigation into the coach's behaviour and the judge leading the probe recommended a 3,000-euro fine for behaviour 'contrary to the good order of the sport'.

Spain's government-run Anti-violence Commission called for tougher punishment, saying that Aragones's remarks 'could be deemed to be racist or xenophobic', while the coach himself appealed against the fine saying he had done nothing wrong.

Spain play England in a friendly at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

Guest Gemmill

It'll be interesting to see what stance some people take on this matter now, following some of the attempts to explain away Emre's Everton outburst.  :tongue:

if he said it he should be punished - in no way is that "doing nothing wrong"

excactly the same goes for emre (bearing in mind some lingual problems)

if he said it he should be punished - in no way is that "doing nothing wrong"

excactly the same goes for emre (bearing in mind some lingual problems)

If.. he said it  ^-^

Will be a nice tonic for Emre's lawyer though.

Stupid really, there is no justice..same with the italians in the summer. Will be interesting to see if Feyernoord overturn their UEFA Cup ban.