Sibierski turned down longer contract with Everton

Stevie

Guest Stephen927

Not sure he should be given a two year contract, definitely wouldn't argue with a 1 year extension however.

His attitude is spot on and he always gives his all.

I don't get it.....he is a squad player. He is not meant to lead the attack week-in and week-out, but to come into a game from the bench when needed. We all piss and moan about not having a big enough squad but then when Roeder signs a squad player to increase the overall depth of the squad then thats not good enough either.

FFS a team is probably only able to manage 3 top class strikers playing 2 at a time and then needs a second tier of strikers to make up the squad - players that understand their role at the club. Sibierski is that type of player.....fills in well when he plays but isn't going to throw his toys out of the pram if we field a front pair of Martins and Owen.

I like the signing of him to a second year....stablises the squad in terms of numbers and ability without destablising it with bad influences.

Out of those I'd have Neville, Johnson and Arteta as nothing more than squad players and that's really it, if we wanted to show any genuine ambition to get in the CL.

Neville is a squad player but he is an extremely valuable squad player for Everton, ie an indispensable first team player as you can't always have first 11 suspension and injury free. Johnson can't just be a squad player. He would walk straight into any team outside top 4. Again same can be said about Cahill.

You have to take the financial situation into account. Everton are in depth and they are currently striving to balance the book. So they just can't splash out cash like us and buy top quality players. They have to get value for money and at the price I would definitely say that Neville, Cahill and Johnson have been good buy for them.

Guest TampaToon

I don't get it.....he is a squad player. He is not meant to lead the attack week-in and week-out, but to come into a game from the bench when needed.  We all piss and moan about not having a big enough squad but then when Roeder signs a squad player to increase the overall depth of the squad then thats not good enough either. 

FFS a team is probably only able to manage 3 top class strikers playing 2 at a time and then needs a second tier of strikers to make up the squad - players that understand their role at the club.  Sibierski is that type of player.....fills in well when he plays but isn't going to throw his toys out of the pram if we field a front pair of Martins and Owen.

I like the signing of him to a second year....stablises the squad in terms of numbers and ability without destablising it with bad influences.

exactly, he's a model squad player - he does his job when called upon, he has a positive attitude towards the club and its fans, and he's grounded enough to know his role when our better players are fit.  and lord knows we can't afford to find ourselves even shorter of numbers this summer.

he's a good team influence and all he does is score critical goals.

also one of the few that seems to not play down to the competition, he's been big for us in games against teams we should've steamrolled but barely beat in the end....important quality for a guy who will see most of his work against minnows and in lower competitions in a healthy side.

He has also done a lot for your academy. Jeffers, Rooney, Anibeche, Vaughan.

Alot of Evertons success can be attributed to Alan Irvine if you ask me. He did great things for us at youth level and for the first team and was a big loss when he left. No suprise things turned when he and moyes worked together.

And how many of the players that Irvine worked with have broke into our first team - I can think of 3 at most, Pattison, Taylor and possible Ameobi.

Out of those I'd have Neville, Johnson and Arteta as nothing more than squad players and that's really it, if we wanted to show any genuine ambition to get in the CL.

Neville is a squad player but he is an extremely valuable squad player for Everton, ie an indispensable first team player as you can't always have first 11 suspension and injury free. Johnson can't just be a squad player. He would walk straight into any team outside top 4. Again same can be said about Cahill.

You have to take the financial situation into account. Everton are in depth and they are currently striving to balance the book. So they just can't splash out cash like us and buy top quality players. They have to get value for money and at the price I would definitely say that Neville, Cahill and Johnson have been good buy for them.

You talK s**** smoggie.  You'd have Andy Johnson in front of A FIT Owen and Martins? OK

In fact (and I hope to f*** Martin_Jol and Kingdawson aren't around) I'd have Defoe, Berbatov and Keane before AJ.

You talK s**** smoggie.  You'd have Andy Johnson in front of A FIT Owen and Martins? OK

In fact (and I hope to f*** Martin_Jol and Kingdawson aren't around) I'd have Defoe, Berbatov and Keane before AJ.

Is Owen fit !!?

I wouldn't have Defoe over Johnson. Keane? 50/50.

Is Owen fit !!?

I wouldn't have Defoe over Johnson. Keane? 50/50.

Well that's you.  I bet you'd have "The Yak".

I don't get it.....he is a squad player. He is not meant to lead the attack week-in and week-out, but to come into a game from the bench when needed.  We all piss and moan about not having a big enough squad but then when Roeder signs a squad player to increase the overall depth of the squad then thats not good enough either. 

FFS a team is probably only able to manage 3 top class strikers playing 2 at a time and then needs a second tier of strikers to make up the squad - players that understand their role at the club.  Sibierski is that type of player.....fills in well when he plays but isn't going to throw his toys out of the pram if we field a front pair of Martins and Owen.

top post