Alkmaar away

Guest smoggeordie

Guest smoggeordie

using an educated guess that we could end up playing them away what date would the away leg be on and whats the cheapest/easiest way to get there?

I still want to know what me chances of getting tickets cos i really wanna make my European swansong at this one.

Roughly:

Flights - bout £60-100pp from UK (Newc,Manch,Lpool,Blackpool) to Amsterdam (Jet2,Easyjet)and £8 train return to Alkmaar

Eurostar: £60pp return to Brussels from Waterloo and bout £40pp return to A'dam (i think) Most xpensive will be gettin train 2 London

Boat: bout £150 return.

I did this with a night or two stopping over though.

Match is scheduled for Thurs 15 March

If anyone knows any crafty ways to get tickets...

Flying from Teesside is possible too.

I flew from Teesside to Amsterdam a couple of months ago for the England game. easy enough to do and much easier and less hassle than Newcastle airport (hardly any queues etc)

Prices arent too bad aswell i dont think.

Guest smoggeordie

Stadium Information

Name 'Alkmaarder Hout'

Address

Sportlaan 1 1815 LV Alkmaar

Total capacity

Capacity visitor section

600 standing or 350 sitting

Pitch

Length 105 metres

Width 69 metres

Light Standards

Taken into use on 14/09/1977

Parking facility

400 spaces + entire race-track 

Stadium Speaker

Ben Lieferink

From Wiki:

In the summer of 2006, the club moved to a new 17,000 capacity stadium, the DSB Stadion:

DSB Stadion is a multi-use stadium in Alkmaar, Netherlands. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of AZ Alkmaar. The stadium is able to hold 17,023 people and it officially opened on 4 August 2006 with a friendly against Arsenal. AZ lost the match 3-0, with Gilberto Silva scoring the stadium's first ever goal.

DSB Stadion replaces the club's former ground, Alkmaarder Hout. The main stand is called Victorie Tribune, the stand with the fanatic supporters is called Van der Ben Tribune (Ben-Side), the stand behind the other goal is called Westzijde, and the stand opposite to the main stand is called Molenaar Tribune.

The official name is DSB Stadion, but some supporters call it Victorie Stadion, a name that alludes to a victory over Spain during the Eighty Years' War.

DSB Stadion is a multi-use stadium in Alkmaar, Netherlands. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of AZ Alkmaar. The stadium is able to hold 17,023 people and it officially opened on 4 August 2006 with a friendly against Arsenal. AZ lost the match 3-0, with Gilberto Silva scoring the stadium's first ever goal.

DSB Stadion replaces the club's former ground, Alkmaarder Hout. The main stand is called Victorie Tribune, the stand with the fanatic supporters is called Van der Ben Tribune (Ben-Side), the stand behind the other goal is called Westzijde, and the stand opposite to the main stand is called Molenaar Tribune.

The official name is DSB Stadion, but some supporters call it Victorie Stadion, a name that alludes to a victory over Spain during the Eighty Years' War.

Guest WalkervilleMag

still not be much more than 700 though.   then again, i do have a sneaky feeling that Fenerbache might pull off a shock result on thursday

Guest 3-1 NYD

still not be much more than 700 though.   then again, i do have a sneaky feeling that Fenerbache might pull off a shock result on thursday

Funny you should say that but so do I and you can get 4/1 with the bookmakers!

Guest smoggeordie

Alkmaar (A) - Latest News

NEWCASTLE United will face AZ Alkmaar of Holland in the last 16 of the UEFA Cup.

Officials from both clubs are already in discussions with regard to the arrangements for the two-legged tie.

The first leg will be played at St. James' Park on Thursday, March 8. The second leg will be played at Alkmaar's DSB Stadium on either March 14 or 15. Please note - the date of the second leg has still to be confirmed.

Given the capacity of the Stadium, just over 17,000, the club will only receive a limited number of tickets for the match (approximately 1,000) and demand is likely too far exceed supply. The club therefore urges supporters not to book/confirm travel arrangements until such time as they have received confirmation that they have been allocated with a ticket. If you are un-successful in your application then please do not travel.

You are advised not to book however any fan who chooses to do so before receiving such confirmation does so at their own risk.

As soon as the club has details concerning the exact date and kick-off time for the second leg AND ticket news/application procedure we will make it available via nufc.co.uk

Guest TheDutchman

Some information about AZ and Alkmaar:

Alkmaar is a town with a population of approx 100.000. The city has an old historic town centre with canals and old buildings. The place to be for a drink is the Kaasmarkt (Cheesemarket) with lovely pubs and bars. The supporters are known as friendly and not violent. Its only 30 minutes away from Amsterdam by rail.

They used to play in The Alkmaarderhout located in a park near the city centre (1 kilometre).

An old ground with a capacity of 10.000. The ambiance always was great.

The owner of the club is a duthc businessman named Dirk Scheringa. He's very rich (he's gothis own museum for example) and he's the reason the club's doing so well the last 5 years.

The new stadium is located at the skirt if the town. Capacity 17.000. But allready there are plans to enlarge the ground. There's always a capacity ground. At the moment AZ is playing the best football in Holland. Spectacular to watch. But there weakness is that its a young team. And they always have trouble with winning very important matches in the leaugue (altough theyve beaten PSV recently in Eindhoven, and I think they'll beat Ajax next sunday too).

I expect two great matches!

Guest cheeseboy

hey, great to play agains one of the greatest clubs from the UK (yes i am a dutchman en supp. from AZ Alkmaar)

i hope for some good matches en nice days in Newcastle and you are more then welcome in Alkmaar. you should check out the "waagplein" this is a square with lots of bars.

see you soon

hey, great to play agains one of the greatest clubs from the UK (yes i am a dutchman en supp. from AZ Alkmaar)

i hope for some good matches en nice days in Newcastle and you are more then welcome in Alkmaar. you should check out the "waagplein" this is a square with lots of bars.

see you soon

Cheers man!

Looking forward to playing you, and looking forward to seeing your new ground, looks very tidy!

Guest WalkervilleMag

On the date word is it will be played on the Wednesday as Charlton don't want to move there game unless they have to.

source ??

On the date word is it will be played on the Wednesday as Charlton don't want to move there game unless they have to.

Charlton have no choice in the matter - if there are no CL games on the Wednesday then it might be played then. NOT because Charlton don't fancy playing on a Sunday