Parker Targets Response

Skirge

Guest nufc_geordie

"A blip at Wigan"....get to f***, you absolute cretin.

We were incredibly lucky in a number of games over the past month or two, and that papered over the f****** massive cracks in our first team, squad, and so-called manager.

Anyone who thinks we just had a blip wants their heads read.

I agree totally with this statement. I started a thread a couple of weeks back about papering over the cracks and some of the views from people were funny as hell. There are either a lot of totally dillusional people on this board or they know bugger all about football. We are in a mess, and in my opinion we will struggle even more as more players come back from injury. Some simple points:

1. Why is Taylor not playing centre half? He has been excellent for most of the season, comfortably the best we have and as soon as Shambles is fit he is shunted out.

2. Why was Milner dropped? He has been in excellent form, again, no reason at all to drop him. Solano can't tie his boot laces this season in right midfield.

3. Why did Roeder make a statement that Solano is the clubs no. 1 right back then at every opportunity remove him from that position when he is playing well?

I could go on, the mess is endless and won't change until there is massive investment in the playing squad with a change of manager and board.

Guest Jangles

Emre's our best all-round midfielder in my opinion. Driving forward he is excellent, with pace and power, and although he's not the best tackler - he's generally got the good determination to win balls back. We're missing him terribly at the moment - i really hope he doesn't go. Parker and Butt signals zero creativity, i'm afraid - and it's not Butt's fault. It's not his job.

You really do have to beg the question - what is Parker actually there for?

Still, i don't think he's 'inept'. ;)

Time to change my tune.......

Butt is our best defensive midfielder, winning the ball giving it quickly and keeping it simple but doesnt get forward much as he knows his place, however can be quite effective when he does (tottenham & villareal).

Emre is our best attacking midfielder able to drive forward with the ball at his feet and pick a good pass, he's getting better at tracking back but can still be guilty of just wandering back.

Dyer for me is too lightweight and losses the ball too often when he tries to run in midfield, his pace is better used further upfield.

Parker looks good as he marauds all over the pitch chasing the ball and putting tackles in and rarely using the ball once he has it. However he tends to slow the game down once on the ball and his chasing the ball often leaves his midfield partner isolated.

The team losses a lot of creativity when emre's missing as hes able to take the ball and run or to pick out a pass. Attacking wise Id like to see more of Emre on the ball running forward with Martins & Dyer making forward runs (as well as milner and Zoggy/duff)

Emre's our best all-round midfielder in my opinion. Driving forward he is excellent, with pace and power, and although he's not the best tackler - he's generally got the good determination to win balls back. We're missing him terribly at the moment - i really hope he doesn't go. Parker and Butt signals zero creativity, i'm afraid - and it's not Butt's fault. It's not his job.

You really do have to beg the question - what is Parker actually there for?

Still, i don't think he's 'inept'. ;)

Time to change my tune.......

Butt is our best defensive midfielder, winning the ball giving it quickly and keeping it simple but doesnt get forward much as he knows his place, however can be quite effective when he does (tottenham & villareal).

Emre is our best attacking midfielder able to drive forward with the ball at his feet and pick a good pass, he's getting better at tracking back but can still be guilty of just wandering back.

Dyer for me is too lightweight and losses the ball too often when he tries to run in midfield, his pace is better used further upfield.

Parker looks good as he marauds all over the pitch chasing the ball and putting tackles in and rarely using the ball once he has it. However he tends to slow the game down once on the ball and his chasing the ball often leaves his midfield partner isolated.

The team losses a lot of creativity when emre's missing as hes able to take the ball and run or to pick out a pass. Attacking wise Id like to see more of Emre on the ball running forward with Martins & Dyer making forward runs (as well as milner and Zoggy/duff)

Agree with Jangles. Big shame that Emre is out as his vision and passing combined with Martins and Dyers running up front should be an awesome combo. I see Parker as a Defensive midfielder (Roy Keane type of mould) although at the moment he's not sure what he is (i do rate him highly, although admit he's not been at his best lately).

Butt's out next game so hopefully:  Duff  Zoggy Parker Milner  (unless  Emre's back in which case Duff has to make way).