Tired of sitting on the fence...

Guest Bellers

Guest Bellers

For weeks on end I've sat on the fence giving our so called manager, Glenn Roeder chance, after chance. For years now myself along with many other fans have wanted stability at the club, but what's the point in having stability if the quality isn't there.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction, for weeks now Glenn has showed no signs of learning from his mistakes, in fact he keeps repeating them. Injuries are not an excuse. Take last night, our most recent shambolic performance as an example. If we forget the players involved for a minute, the team as a whole had no organisation what so ever, we were all over the place at the back as usual, the midfield never once showed any kind of cohesion and calling the attack blunt would be a complement. Now who's job is it to organise the team? There is no defence, our tactics were flawed. What about the lack of motivation? Yes, to an extent each individual has to have their own motivation, but as a unit the team showed no belief, no flair and no motivation. Now who's job is it to install this? Who ever it was clearly gave a woeful team talk. On top this who was it who stood on the sideline with his arms folded giving no encouragement at all to his players? Last night Roeder was found wanting badly and it isn't the first time.

At the begining of the season we had so much hope. European qualification via the league was a possibility and we had every chance of going on a very good cup run, but as usual our club, our manager and our player have let us down. There's no getting away from the fact all season long Roeder has looked naive, clueless and as a whole still on the learning curve. The thing is if we have any ounce of ambition at all, we wouldn't accept such a manager. Aswell as the points regarding tactics in the above paragraph, which have been apparent all season team selection has also been a massive issue. Roeder has seem to have adopted a similar policy to our national side, play the names, ignore the players in form. Why do players such as Bramble and Carr have the divine right to walk back into a young defence that had proved to be solid, turn it into a disjointed wreck and then keep their place in the team, words fail me. Resting Milner for our most important games of the season and playing Sibierski up front rather than the in form Dyer are some what puzzling decisions.

If we see through the mist that is the shambolic dispaly of ALL eleven men on the field last night, we can see are constantly going to be undone by the suicidal tactics and methods are manager is putting in place. Roeder has been given chance after chance and every time he's blown it. Yes we need stability but what you've got to ask yourself is are we going to achieve anything at all with him in charge, because I'm certainly not convinced.

Guest triggy99

he knows the defence are rubbish and in the summer he will still probly go out and buy another 3 midfielders and a forward.

Agreed about the defence. Its been a long running joke that we cant defend but its past that stage now.

I mean for gods sake townsend was about to burst last night when he was slaggin our defence. If that ### is gettin annoyed by it surely the top brass at our club have had enough aswell?

Guest Bellers

We need to start building from the back.

Instead of wasting £s on strikers.

True, but that isn't the point I was trying to make. You can have all the quality in the world but we will be constantly undermined by the tactics and team selection of our manager.

Guest optimistic nit

i never understand these people who want stability at the club when people like roeder and souness are in charge. I want stability when we get a tactical savvy manager, not when we have the shite we've been given by shepheard recently.

i never understand these people who want stability at the club when people like roeder and souness are in charge. I want stability when we get a tactical savvy manager, not when we have the s**** we've been given by shepheard recently.

Agreed.