Disgrace to the captains armband

Guest killers_perm

I blame Roeder and Parker's fitness issues for his form this season or rather his distinct lack of quality contribution to the team this season. Since he picked up GF he just hasn't looked the same and the same goes for his change in role, which has seriously effected his game and subsequently the team. He played very well under Souness in the DCM role and while many point to that as being the result of the team playing s**** as a whole under Souness, the team have performed as badly under Roeder this season as we did under Souness, i.e. we haven't changed as a team, only Parker's role has, a role he did very well last season. Reverse that change, and he'll do a good job for the team again, as he has proved more than capable of in the past.

For me it is too easy to point the finger of blame at Parker, and no different to saying Bramble is the cause of our defensive problems, which he isn't, he's a factor. With or without Bramble we still can't defend.

We also need to look up front, we don't hold onto the ball, the movement just isn't there and we have no real intelligence, so the midfield are always under pressure. Likewise at the back the defence often bypass the midfield with their long balls, which makes it hard for the midfield to have a massive impact on games in our favour.

In the summer, I'd sort those two ends out first, midfield is the least of our poroblems, and so is Parker, one of our better players.

BTW for everyone singling out Parker, he hasn't performed no worse or no better than anyone else in Black & White this season, they have all in the main been poor, we've had no standout performers - which is why we are where we are, along with Roeder's tactics and team selections.

Tired of hearing about how Parker supposedly played very well in the DCM role. It's a myth. He was just involved a lot and that is all. His passing has always been s*** and it was s*** last season, this is a vital quality for a DCM. People were impressed by the work ethic and that is what has convinced them he is a decent footballer. The reality is that he's not good enough and the sooner he's gone the sooner we'll improve as a team.

aye, but when last season parker was our best player, everyone was happy and singed his name ... even at the begining current season, when he scored few people was satisfied. now, when whole team play s***, with exceptions - the one to blame, after fred and glenn is parker-"because is not good enough to be a captain" ... then who should be captain? emre? the "so called" racist? butt?-tbh similar player to parker? blame manager, blame board, blame whole team when plays badly, but not individuals if they don't deserve for it

Contrary to what you've obviously chosen to believe i posted something, and admittedly it was a much longer post/threadstarter, early last season. Here's something along a similar line re- the first paragraph.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=36926.msg736956#msg736956