David Edgar

James

Guest andynufc84

I was also at last nights reserve game and Hunty looked average to say the least in a 3-1 defeat, it was strange that Edgar wasnt in the 16, which was brought up by alot of people around me.

Edgar, when he played, showed composure and class ahead of any of the defenders we have on out books, but for some reason, which knowone apart from Glenn Roeder knows, he has been dropped out of all things newcastle united, which suggests he may have an injury.

But the club have not announced anything of the sort

I am going to email NUFC and see if he is injured or not

Good luck with that

I'm not saying he is the answer to our defensive problems, but every fan would have probably thought they would have saw a lot more of him after new years day and the West Ham game.

Either he has had injury problems or Roeder doesn't rate him must amongst the reasons why he hasn't featured more.

Going on loan would have been the best option for him probably.

it just seems to be a complete consensus that Edgar should be in ahead of anyone else at left back for EVERY match. Seems odd.

Rubbish, man. In this thread the debate has purely been about why we haven't seen more of him in the team ahead of Huntington, nobody else. I think most people are sensible enough to know that we look at our best with Babayaro at left-back (oh those rare occasions) and that Duff is probably more useful there, as well.

Toon83 doesn't count, as he posted after you, btw! ;D

Guest East Stander

You will be wasting your time, check out .com and you'll see he is on international duty as shown below

Sat 24.03.07

Canada U20 v Scotland (Edgar)

England U21 v Italy U21 (Milner)

Greece v Turkey (Emre)

Ireland v Wales ECQ (Given, Duff)

Israel v England ECQ (Dyer, Parker)

Nigeria v Uganda ACNQ (Martins)

Sun 25.03.07

USA v Ecuador (Onyewu)

Wed 28.03.07

Andorra v England (Dyer, Parker)

Canada U20 v Scotland (Edgar)