GR has been fooling us

Guest toonchina

Nowt wrong with mentioning the injuries like he has, he hasn't used them as an excuse like Souness did, but realises they have indeed had a huge and negative effect on our season and more importantly his ability to train and develop a team to any kind of system and consistency, which is 100% correct. You have to also remember he isn't pointing this out willy nilly to hide behind, just answering repetitive questions from reporters 5 times a day. All managers have stock replies.

Do rationalize that for me mate, coz I just don't see where you're coming from. One can't mention injury as a reason for poor performances and yet not be seen to use it as an excuse.

Roeder does exactly what Souness does, only diff is instead of saying "we are doing badly coz we have so many injuries...yaba yaba", Roeder says "I'm not using injuries as an excuse BUT, we have the whole first team out....yaba yaba" almost everytime we lose. Adding a prefix of "I'm not using injuries as an excuse" does not make it less of an excuse.

The worst part of it all is that he is lying through his teeth coz one of the first things he promised us fans when he took over was that he would never use injruies as an excuse, and that we would always soldier on regardless of injuries. He stuck to his words when thing were going fine during the honeymoon period but now that we're losing games (we're not supposed to I might add), we're hearing the same crap from him week in week out.

When we lost to Fulham at home,the starting line-up was:Given/Carr,Moore,Bramble,Ramage/Duff,Parker,Emre,N'Zogbia/Ameobi,Martins.On the bench were Butt,Solano and Sibierski.

Did injury play a part in this pathetic result?Apart from Babayaro(tbh,I believe Ramage is no worse than Baba),all Roeder's first choice players featured in that game.

Again,when we lost to Bolton at home,the starting line-up was nearly the same apart from Harper in for Given and Solano in for N'Zogbia.

Given's absence was the reason the outfield play was so poor in that game?

They are only 2 examples.There are still a lot more.So GR's habit of blaming everything on injury is absolutely nonsense.

PS,I hope people don't blame every bad result on Owen's absense.Otherwise,we should have surrendered before the season started.

BTW,I clearly remember at the start of the season Roeder said he was happy with the squad and confident of a top 6 finish.But now,he's moaning that this is not his team!

Yes, but the injuries have kept the team from playing together consistently. You can't expect the players to gel together perfectly when the squad is always changing and everyone is forced to play out of position. Roeder is right to say that the injuries have hurt us this year.

Guest nufc_geordie
The formula is:more injuries,more points;less injuries,less points.so weird...

Sums up everything that is wrong at Newcastle, a squad of overpaid overhyped players. When they are injured people who want to play and have a point to prove play and we pick up points!

He was always going to get cut down on this one. He should never have said he wouldn't blame injuries for performance. Maybe he didn't realise just how little money he was going to get.

Guest BlueWhiteMonkey

He does the same with 'I'm not one for talking about other team's players". Then later reel off a name of transfer targets from other club's he 'likes'. In truth, he is a complete and utter moron, like anyone who is taken it by it.

Yes, but the injuries have kept the team from playing together consistently. You can't expect the players to gel together perfectly when the squad is always changing and everyone is forced to play out of position. Roeder is right to say that the injuries have hurt us this year.

Injuries have kept the team from playing together, you're right.  We've also has times when certain players have returned from injury and walked straight back in for no reason other than they had to play because of who they are.  Injuries can't be used as an excuse, well they can but it's not a valid one.