Problems solved at last!!

Optimistic Nut

Rebellious not at all biased in his defence of Bramble then. ;)

I think blaming him for only one goal conceded ignores the fact that he returns possession to the opposition CONSTANTLY with his aimless punts up field, inviting pressure on us.

Surely your talking about Shay Given there ?

Given and Bramble.  As bad as one another in terms of distribution, but there's little doubt as to who makes the more positive overall contribution.

I would say the only 2 players that havn`t been aimlessly punting it to no one this season are Nicky Butt and Keiron Dyer.

Seriously mate, Bramble's long aimless punts are one of our biggest problems imo.  Which is why I can't understand why no one on the coaching staff has bothered to tell him to stop.  Saying "well other people are doing it too" is firstly not a defence, and secondly, NO ONE is doing it to the extent that idiot boy is. 

I know you're mates with him, but I just the lad is bereft of any brain power at all.  If I kept pumping the ball long like that, and every time I did it the cries of derision came from the crowd, I'd think "You know what, I might stop doing that."  Not Titus.  HOOOOOOOF!  Goal kick.  HOOOOOOF!  Throw in.  HOOOOOOF!  Defender heads clear.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Maybe some one needs to tell him Shearer isn`t in the team anymore lol, I know as FACT that Shearer was a big fan of Brambles long balls forward and would get into space and look out for them. I still believe that if we had a better forward it wouldn`t be such a problem.  Everytime our defence get the ball the midfielders are either too close to the defense marked or not in space. 

I still don't get how Bramble has only been responsible for one goal conceded this season.  The Fulham game did actually happen didn't it?

I didn`t write the article mate, like Dave said its open to anyone with an opinion. I started off with posting it as it said Damage was the worst of all. Someone else picked up on the Bramble thing. I must admit I was suprised aswell to see him as 1. Thats not my point anyway, I know that he hasn`t been the worst CB this year but is treated as such.

I'm am utterly shocked at the support for someone like Peter Ramage. I am well aware that our choices are limited, but Peter Ramage is just not good enough to put on a Newcastle United shirt.

Sure you could say half the team aren't, but that is your opinion and fair enough. But it is obvious that the teams structure starts with the defence and as our defence lacks in all areas (and has done for years!). It's reflecting badly on the shape and structure of the rest of the team. We have very good players individually in other areas and you have to ask the question of why they are not consistantly moulding and playing flowing professional football week in week out.

Our problems are long from solved. Just because a player is fit and nufc.co.uk are hyping the return, and the quote, 'This is going to a turning point and I am fully committed to get us up the table'.. really doesn't mean anything, because it's just is never the case!

Don't get me started on Paul Huntington! What a joke... cost us both goals against AZ, no matter what angle you look at it from, yeah made a clearly header of the line, but one good thing can't overshadow tones of mistakes. I was at the Birmingham City vs Newcastle FA Cup game at St Andrews and we should have really put them away with ease, but every single worrying attack they had was down our left side, clearly marked by Blues as a weak spot and they were right! I know its simplistic and perhaps overexhaggerated, but I am that pissed off with this sorry excuse for a player... he was responsible for us getting knocked out of both the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup!

Problems solved at last... no

A completely new defence with strong reserves will begin the road to success. We don't need hasbins, we don't need up and comers... sure in the long term, but right now we need proven and consistant talent. So forget spending money on midfielders or strikers, it's about time the board got there act together and pushed for an entirely new defence that are worthy of wearing the black and white stripes!

I think blaming him for only one goal conceded ignores the fact that he returns possession to the opposition CONSTANTLY with his aimless punts up field, inviting pressure on us.

Given and Bramble.  As bad as one another in terms of distribution, but there's little doubt as to who makes the more positive overall contribution.

If any of Taylor, Babayaro, Carr, Moore, Ramage and Parker could pass the ball about without giving it away then there wouldn't be any need for these two to hoof it up field every time.

Makes shit football to watch too. :weep:

I would say the only 2 players that havn`t been aimlessly punting it to no one this season are Nicky Butt and Keiron Dyer.

Seriously mate, Bramble's long aimless punts are one of our biggest problems imo.  Which is why I can't understand why no one on the coaching staff has bothered to tell him to stop.  Saying "well other people are doing it too" is firstly not a defence, and secondly, NO ONE is doing it to the extent that idiot boy is. 

I know you're mates with him, but I just the lad is bereft of any brain power at all.  If I kept pumping the ball long like that, and every time I did it the cries of derision came from the crowd, I'd think "You know what, I might stop doing that."  Not Titus.  HOOOOOOOF!  Goal kick.  HOOOOOOF!  Throw in.  HOOOOOOF!  Defender heads clear.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Maybe some one needs to tell him Shearer isn`t in the team anymore lol, I know as FACT that Shearer was a big fan of Brambles long balls forward and would get into space and look out for them. I still believe that if we had a better forward it wouldn`t be such a problem.  Everytime our defence get the ball the midfielders are either too close to the defense marked or not in space. 

Aye, lets sign someone like Crouch or Zigic so we can continue to pump long balls forward at every opportunity. Great.