Fratton Park

Fugazi

It's a total s*** hole

I'd love to go to Fratton Park, looks f****** quality. I love those old school grounds that are built into an old housing estate. Much prefer going to grounds like that than massive ones like Old Trafford or all these other identi-kit grounds you see everywhere.

Honestly, it's a f****** shithole. I totally agree with you about old school grounds, but Fratton has to be seen to be believed.

The lack of roof means theres no chance of generating any kind of atmosphere from the away end.

The first time I went was in our promotion season, it was absolutely s**** then, but now dear me.  I went there last season and literally all they've done is put seats on the terrace, and that's it.  I'm not one of these that likes being pampered, going to places like Grimsby in the past and the Baseball Ground, Roker, and even Blackburn pre 1993, absolutely piss on anything in the Premiership now, but Fratton Park oh dear.  ONE BOG for 3,000 away fans, there is absolutely no chance of creating an atmosphere, as for their atmosphere being great, twice I've been it was pure s****.  Some daft c*** ringing a bell and 1500 giddies monotously singing der der der der der der der der Porstmuff, and that's on a good day. 

Where do these football myths come from??  They're a s*** club they're 5-1 down to Arsenal, it's their first time in the limelight for decades, so a few of them sing a couple of songs and clueless arseholes (clearly of the SKY generation ilk - no offence Brummie, you're in the majority not the minority), now say they're the best fans in the country.  Between 1994 and 1999 they didn't average over 9,000.  s*** club, s*** city, s*** ground, s*** fuckin fans, nothing club f*** off to the Championship.   Don't think about having a night out there, hand on heart it rivals anywhere I've ever been for charvers, anywhere.  It's like one big Ashington, but the people are even uglier.

I didn't say they were the best fans in the country, I said it has the best atmosphere in the Premiership, which in these days of moribund, semi comatose grounds (and I'm including VP and SJP here as leading examples) is refreshing. Incidentally, Stevie, I'm 38 and distinctly NOT of the Sky generation.

I don't understand why you've got the hump with their fans, though. 'Nothing club" - why's that, because they've won nothing for 50 years?

And as for Portsmouth being a s*** hole. You're right, but then again it is a naval base, the two go hand in hand.

The away end could do with a roof, mind. When we were there this season we were singing "Randy, Randy buy them a roof".

I don't understand why you've got the hump with their fans, though. 'Nothing club" - why's that, because they've won nothing for 50 years?

:lol:

I was donning a special "ironic face" as I typed that.

It was very Martin Jol like, he used to drop quite a few digs in like that.

It was very Martin Jol like, he used to drop quite a few digs in like that.

It was only a dig at Stevie's somewhat freely used "shite club" criticism, aimed to pointing out the glaring inconsistency in what was an otherwise - and I hate to admit this - quite funny post.

You know what I mean by nothing club, they're there but no one cares.  If we weren't in the Premiership we'd be missed, same as Leeds are now, in my view.  Portsmouth though, see Fulham, Wigan etc....

You know what I mean by nothing club, they're there but no one cares.  If we weren't in the Premiership we'd be missed, same as Leeds are now, in my view.  Portsmouth though, see Fulham, Wigan etc....

:thup: :thup: :thup:

Really want Leeds to come up, they're a real football club, unlike the above and Bolton.

I'd agree on Wigan, but Portsmouth at least have a little history. Talking of Fulham - that's another great away trip, lovely setting, nice old gabled stand, right by the river. For that reason alone, I hope they stay up.

For my money there are too many NW clubs. I'd happily lose Blackburn too.

I'd like to see Wolves, Leeds, Sunderland, West Brom, and Forest back up.

I'd agree on Wigan, but Portsmouth at least have a little history. Talking of Fulham - that's another great away trip, lovely setting, nice old gabled stand, right by the river. For that reason alone, I hope they stay up.

If I had a choice purely on nothingness and being sick of visiting shitholes too far out the way, I'd get rid of:  Wigan, Bolton, Portsmouth, Reading, Charlton, Fulham, Aston Villa, and Watford.

Replacing them with: Sunderland, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Ipswich Town, Stoke (anyone that was there in 1995 will know why), and Derby.

nb only reason Boro weren't on this list is to do with geography.

If I had a choice purely on nothingness and being sick of visiting shitholes too far out the way, I'd get rid of:  Wigan, Bolton, Portsmouth, Reading, Charlton, Fulham, Aston Villa, and Watford.

Replacing them with: Sunderland, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton, Ipswich Town, Stoke (anyone that was there in 1995 will know why), and Derby.

You're determined to drag me into a row, aren't you? Nothingness? I've been watching them since 1975:

1 x European Cup

1 x League championship

4 x League Cups

1 x European  Super Cup

Funny definition of nothingness, being the fourth most successful English club. I bet you think Everton are a nothing club too, don't you? Tsk, get a grip man, you're too full of hate.

You're determined to drag me into a row, aren't you? Nothingness? I've been watching them since 1975:

1 x European Cup

1 x League championship

4 x League Cups

1 x European  Super Cup

Funny definition of nothingness, being the fourth most successful English club. I bet you think Everton are a nothing club too, don't you? Tsk, get a grip man, you're too full of hate.

No Everton aren't a nothing club.  I'm not sure if they have the capacity to become a regular player in the top four again, but you can't deny they're a decent club.  Villa won trophies pre-1900 and when football was on it's knees 80-83 (League Cups don't count), Nottingham Forest dominated a continent, and East German club won a European trophy, and I don't think a great deal about them neither.

All I'm saying is, Villa away, it hardly makes your heart skip a beat.  Boring crack, shit atmosphere, shit game, shit journey.  The midlands is a disgrace to this country, I can't blame people for growing up there, but I can do without West Midlands sides in the Premiership.

"Holte Enders in the skoi, yip aye yip, yip aye oh" makes "shoes off if ye love the toon" sound like Bohemian Rhapsody.

Not many would miss Villa mate, in the same way Bolton won't be missed.

All I'm saying is, Villa away, it hardly makes your heart skip a beat.  Boring crack, s*** atmosphere, s*** game, s*** journey.  The midlands is a disgrace to this country, I can't blame people for growing up there, but I can do without West Midlands sides in the Premiership.

The "midlands is a disgrace to this country" comment is so absurd, I'm not even going to reply to it.

Unusual, most supporters of other clubs I speak to would rate Villa Park as one of the more enjoyable away days of the season, but hey, I don't want to get in the way of the rant ...

Although i will say that this:

Villa won trophies pre-1900 and when football was on it's knees 80-83 (League Cups don't count),

is so ridiculous, it makes me think you're actually just on some kind of wind-up trip and don't actually believe that.

All I'm saying is, Villa away, it hardly makes your heart skip a beat.  Boring crack, s*** atmosphere, s*** game, s*** journey.  The midlands is a disgrace to this country, I can't blame people for growing up there, but I can do without West Midlands sides in the Premiership.

The "midlands is a disgrace to this country" comment is so absurd, I'm not even going to reply to it.

Unusual, most supporters of other clubs I speak to would rate Villa Park as one of the more enjoyable away days of the season, but hey, I don't want to get in the way of the rant ...

I've only been to Villa twice, last time was 1997 when Terry Mac was manager for that game, and honestly it's such a depressing place, though we've had two good results when I've been 0-2 and 2-2.  I'm not blaming you for the West Midlands being a disgrace, maybe disgrace is a harsh word to use.  Awful that's a better word.  It's the worst example of post war architecture I can think of.  I've been back since to St Andrew's, every time I go, I thank God for not afflicting me with being brought up there.  I don't mean to be insulting but that's how I feel, and if you don't like my views, fine, but this is a Newcastle board and I'm entitled to say what I think from a toon perspective.

They apparently have Britain's biggest nuclear bunker right under Birmingham City Centre, if any foreigner aggressor had've had reasonable intelligence, they'd have left Birmingham alone.

I've only been to Villa twice, last time was 1997 when Terry Mac was manager for that game, and honestly it's such a depressing place, though we've had two good results when I've been 0-2 and 2-2.  I'm not blaming you for the West Midlands being a disgrace, maybe disgrace is a harsh word to use.  Awful that's a better word.  It's the worst example of post war architecture I can think of.  I've been back since to St Andrew's, every time I go, I thank God for not afflicting me with being brought up there.  I don't mean to be insulting but that's how I feel, and if you don't like my views, fine, but this is a Newcastle board and I'm entitled to say what I think from a toon perspective.

They apparently have Britain's biggest nuclear bunker right under Birmingham City Centre, if any foreigner aggressor had've had reasonable intelligence, they'd have left Birmingham alone.

Congratulations, the same outdated, sweeping generalisations like the "you're just a small town in Scotland / you're all on the dole / you'll never work again" rubbish that probably makes you froth at the mouth when you hear it from away fans at your place.

You're absolutely right, you've got the right to say what you like and express your opinion, and I'm very aware of the fact that I'm a guest here and biting my lip accordingly when replying to you, but I do wonder what it's like living in Stevie land, where everything is black and white (no pun intended) and things are either fantastic or s**** with no in between.

Congratulations, the same outdated, sweeping generalisations like the "you're just a small town in Scotland / you're all on the dole / you'll never work again" rubbish that probably makes you froth at the mouth when you hear it from away fans at your place.

The point I'm making is Birmingham is a shithole and somewhere I can't comprehend living.  That can be disputed either way, and brummies are entitled to put up an argument.

What isn't up for dispute is "Noocartheww ithh in Thcotland".  The people that say that are showing a) how utterly dull they are when that is the best they can do and b) they're dense. 

No body sings you'll never work again at us.

Anyway I'm off to the match, good luck today.