Would you sell Owen?

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My only concern is not knowing whether or not he will be able to stay fit after this long layout. Let's face it, it's been years since he played first team football on a regular basis. Real Madrid kept him on the bend more times than not, and he's been injured for the past two.

Personally, I think it's a risk either way. But, Roeder said he's staying, so let's hope it works out.

Guest Stephen927

Completely depends on how happy he is here and if he would be willing to work out an extension on his contract. Next year clubs will be looking at him thinking there's only a year left on his contract, which will drastically reduce the fee.

Owen is an irreplaceable player, if he is happy to work out a new contract then I'd keep him here no matter what the offer on the table is (all this assuming the injuries he has suffered from haven't effected his game to the extent that he's crap)

Guest johnson293

Nope - we've waited this long, and it would be just our luck that we sold him when his injuries were all sorted!

Like some have said above, he has two years left, and after next season, would be in a prime position to get himself a lucrative Bosman the year after.

If he really feels he owes soemthing to the club for sticking by him for the last two years, then he should sign a new contract, even if he has no intention of seeing it out, just so that if/when we/he wants to leave, we can still get a decent fee back for him.

I'd love to believe all that he says though, about feeling he owes the club/supporters, likes the area, and being settled, etc.

Lets just hope the (serious) injuries are behind him, and we can get a decent season out of him, loads of goals, and then we'll see what happens.

MJ