Belgravia

Martin Lol

If I was told we had £20 million to spend and it would go anywhere I wanted then it would be spent on a top manager, we'd get more value for money if we appointed somebody who could get the best out of the players.

Guest Gemmill

Nope. But I do see a fair amount of cash being spent so couldn't care less what goes on behind the scenes.

I'm staggered tbh.  You seem to talk sense most of the time. :razz:  I would have thought that by now pretty much everyone would have realised that a decent transfer kitty pretty much goes without saying at a club like NUFC in the current football climate - lots of season ticket sales = disposable cash in the summer.  In the grand scheme of things though, a decent transfer kitty means absolutley nothing when you're handing it to a sub-standard manager to bring players in for sub-standard coaching.  All overseen by a sub-standard chairman.

Providing cash for a manager to spend at a club like NUFC is the easiest thing in the world.  It's in every other area of his job that Shepherd is failing - the areas that require thought and planning, like for instance the hiring and firing of the most important man at the club.  It's not enough that he produces £20m every summer, and to say that it doesn't matter who's in charge as long as we have a transfer kitty every summer is just plain wrong thinking.

Nope. But I do see a fair amount of cash being spent so couldn't care less what goes on behind the scenes.

I'm staggered tbh.  You seem to talk sense most of the time. :razz:  I would have thought that by now pretty much everyone would have realised that a decent transfer kitty pretty much goes without saying at a club like NUFC in the current football climate - lots of season ticket sales = disposable cash in the summer.  In the grand scheme of things though, a decent transfer kitty means absolutley nothing when you're handing it to a sub-standard manager to bring players in for sub-standard coaching.  All overseen by a sub-standard chairman.

Providing cash for a manager to spend at a club like NUFC is the easiest thing in the world.  It's in every other area of his job that Shepherd is failing - the areas that require thought and planning, like for instance the hiring and firing of the most important man at the club.  It's not enough that he produces £20m every summer, and to say that it doesn't matter who's in charge as long as we have a transfer kitty every summer is just plain wrong thinking.

Pretty much whats happening at Newcastle for the past 2 seasons.I guess it will happen this summer too

Good post btw