Should Shearer be made boss?

buzza

Absolutely Not!!!

Sure, maybe at some point in the distant future, but until he has all his accreditations and has proven himself in both the lower leagues and foreign leagues we should not consider him for the top football job.

(p.s. I include foreign league management experience to ensure that when he arrives he has the knowledge to take us to and play us in Europe.)

Absolutely Not!!!

Sure, maybe at some point in the distant future, but until he has all his accreditations and has proven himself in both the lower leagues and foreign leagues we should not consider him for the top football job.

(p.s. I include foreign league management experience to ensure that when he arrives he has the knowledge to take us to and play us in Europe.)

dead right................ 

For a team bottom of the Championship appointing Keane was an acceptable gamble. Our situation is f*** all like theirs was.

Just give us 18 months...............................

Guest TheOrder

I'm amazed that nobody has thought about our messaiah coming back and sorting things out "a la Keane" style....

Just a thought...

Is the Queen an African tribesman?

Guest elbee909

Shearer should start from the very, very bottom and try to work his way up.  Like Roy Keane has.

Very bad idea, especially for the Watford game.  Still gives the impression that he's looming large over all the club's affairs.  Imagine if he won the Watford game, and Shepherd couldn't find another manager he liked.  :o

Guest SLK

Sorry but a very stupid thread...Shearer needs to EARN the managerial seat at NUFC...Prove himself somewhere else then you can come here and open such threads...

Guest eyeball_tickler

i THINK he only needs to earn his license to manage a club in a european competition, so he's qualified enough for next season.

stranger things have happened.

Guest Magpiecn

Sorry but a very stupid thread...Shearer needs to EARN the managerial seat at NUFC...Prove himself somewhere else then you can come here and open such threads...

Aye.After 3or 5years will be better.

Guest SirAl

I'm not saying that Shearer should, or ever will, become our Manager, but this whole 'let him get experience in lower leagues and Europe' argument is a bit crap really. The best Newcastle team I've ever seen (or probably ever will see, sadly) in my life played under a Manager who had no previous managerial experience and had been out of Football for a number of years before coming in and transforming an almost dead Club into the second best Club in the country.

If Keegan could do it, who is to say the Shearer couldn't do it too?