Freddie's biggest failing

Guest chogyamtrungpa

Guest chogyamtrungpa

Freddie Shepherd ultimately only has one responsibility as chairman - the financial wellbeing of the club.  He is sitting on top of a club that generates tons of money because it has a huge fan base, but he is negligently wasting every penny of this.  The man is being absolutely massacred in the transfer market to an extent that makes me concerned for the financial future of the club.

I am extremely worried that today's absurd outburst in the press is more or less admission that there is in fact a £9m clause in Owens contract.  If true this is terrifying - seriously, how could a sane person possibly agree to that when these contracts were drawn up!  Can the club really afford to take another huge loss - £8m this time - in the transfer market.  £5m loss on Boomsong, possibly almost double that on Luque to add to the £7m lost on Viana, £5m on Cort.  We also got fk all for players like Robert and now Bramble who we payed big for.  That lot alone, at the very least, are probably a £30m loss!!

And we almost never make profit on transfers.  Woody and JJ the only recent ones of any size that spring to mind.  And this kind of financial negligence runs throughout everything this club does - huge wages for the board, multi-million pound pay offs to sacked managers, massive amounts of money spent paying injured players and even to players on loan at other bloody clubs.  This sort of stuff is HIS responsibility - his alone, and the worst thing about it all is that it is OUR money that he is pissing away.

There are many, many reasons to want this stoneage scrap iron merchant to dae one, but something tells me it is this kind of massive financial waste that we should probably be worrying about most. 

If david dein had become our chairman when freddie did, I reckon there's a good chance we would have been firmly established in the top four most seasons.  This is how much damage this man has done to our club.

Freddie Shepherd ultimately only has one responsibility as chairman - the financial wellbeing of the club.  He is sitting on top of a club that generates tons of money because it has a huge fan base, but he is negligently wasting every penny of this.  The man is being absolutely massacred in the transfer market to an extent that makes me concerned for the financial future of the club.

I am extremely worried that today's absurd outburst in the press is more or less admission that there is in fact a £9m clause in Owens contract.  If true this is terrifying - seriously, how could a sane person possibly agree to that when these contracts were drawn up!  Can the club really afford to take another huge loss - £8m this time - in the transfer market.  £5m loss on Boomsong, possibly almost double that on Luque to add to the £7m lost on Viana, £5m on Cort.  We also got fk all for players like Robert and now Bramble who we payed big for.  That lot alone, at the very least, are probably a £30m loss!!

And we almost never make profit on transfers.  Woody and JJ the only recent ones of any size that spring to mind.  And this kind of financial negligence runs throughout everything this club does - huge wages for the board, multi-million pound pay offs to sacked managers, massive amounts of money spent paying injured players and even to players on loan at other bloody clubs.  This sort of stuff is HIS responsibility - his alone, and the worst thing about it all is that it is OUR money that he is pissing away.

There are many, many reasons to want this stoneage scrap iron merchant to dae one, but something tells me it is this kind of massive financial waste that we should probably be worrying about most. 

If david dein had become our chairman when freddie did, I reckon there's a good chance we would have been firmly established in the top four most seasons.  This is how much damage this man has done to our club.

Says it all.

Has been mentioned before that we are a Leeds waiting to happen