Allardyce back in the uk?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know the article is just to stir up s**** about Owen but what intrigued me more was

Newcastle striker Michael Owen was spotted mixing with Manchester United players at Chester racecourse.

Owen - who yesterday won a call-up to the England B squad - relaxed by chatting on the phone to United star Wayne Rooney. They smiled and waved to each other despite being just yards apart.

Watching were United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who wants to sign Owen, and Sam Allardyce, who will soon be fighting to keep him at Toon.

Allardyce takes over as Newcastle boss next week and his first task will be to sit down with Owen and thrash out the future.

Big Sam does not want Owen to leave but knows his hands will be tied if the player uses the £9m get-out clause in his contract.

Meanwhile, Manchester United's winning streak continued as the team cleaned up at the races.

Defender Rio Ferdinand, 28, began the day with a winning £1,000 punt on 6-4 ON shot Maraahel.

Boss Ferguson, Gabriel Heinze and Wes Brown also backed the horse.

Things could move very quickly

Big Sam does not want Owen to leave but knows his hands will be tied if the player uses the £9m get-out clause in his contract

He is not even our manager yet and might not end up being our manager.  The sports writers write total bollocks at times.  I'm all for freedom of speach and free press but bare faced lies has to be stopped.  :knuppel2:

Guest Gemmill

Owen relaxed by chatting on the phone to United star Wayne Rooney. They smiled and waved to each other despite being just yards apart.

Sounds a bit gay doesn't it?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Discussing a deal to Man Utd with the bloke who is responsible for transfers in and out of Old Trafford, you guessed it..... Wayne Rooney  :idiot2:

Guest smoggeordie

Owen relaxed by chatting on the phone to United star Wayne Rooney. They smiled and waved to each other despite being just yards apart.

Sounds a bit gay doesn't it?

"I just won a grand"

"Calm down calm down"

;)

Nailed on imo.

Allardyce set to take over at Newcastle - reports

LONDON, May 12 (Reuters) - Former Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce appears poised to take over at Newcastle United, according to newspaper reports early on Saturday.

Allardyce, who ended an eight-year spell at Bolton when he quit the Premier League club last month, held talks with Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd on Friday.

Shepherd likened the 52-year-old former central defender to Joe Harvey, who was at the helm when Newcastle last won a trophy in the 1969 Fairs Cup, the forerunner to the UEFA Cup.

"The club needs a lift and Sam is the nearest I've seen to a replica of Joe Harvey," Shepherd was quoted as saying.

"I am excited, Sam is excited, and we are looking forward to making this work.

"We had a good meeting and will continue discussions over the weekend but everything went okay. You don't wrap up something like this in two minutes."

Former club captain Glenn Roeder resigned as Newcastle manager earlier this week.

Newcastle, who finish the season with a visit to Watford on Sunday, are 13th in the 20-team Premier League.

Nailed on imo.

Allardyce set to take over at Newcastle - reports

LONDON, May 12 (Reuters) - Former Bolton Wanderers manager Sam Allardyce appears poised to take over at Newcastle United, according to newspaper reports early on Saturday.

Allardyce, who ended an eight-year spell at Bolton when he quit the Premier League club last month, held talks with Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd on Friday.

Shepherd likened the 52-year-old former central defender to Joe Harvey, who was at the helm when Newcastle last won a trophy in the 1969 Fairs Cup, the forerunner to the UEFA Cup.

"The club needs a lift and Sam is the nearest I've seen to a replica of Joe Harvey," Shepherd was quoted as saying.

"I am excited, Sam is excited, and we are looking forward to making this work.

"We had a good meeting and will continue discussions over the weekend but everything went okay. You don't wrap up something like this in two minutes."

Former club captain Glenn Roeder resigned as Newcastle manager earlier this week.

Newcastle, who finish the season with a visit to Watford on Sunday, are 13th in the 20-team Premier League.

Espically with the amount of money we will have to pay Bolton if we actually do wrap it up in two minuets..