Most exciting Toon player?

Guest Knightrider

Originally posted by Newcastle Fan: Albert Luque, and i am not joking

Don't know why but i get over exicted whenever he's playing...the whole "forgotten man" and the 98 pages "Albert Luque" thread made him to most exicting player to follow in our team at the moment..

As bizarre as that sounds I actually totally agree! Even when he's on the bench I'm just urging him to get a shot, more than 30 seconds at the end to come on and just leave everyone with open wide mouths as he scores the quickest hat-trick in Premiership history! Never gonna happen, but it's always that thing with him, whatever happens to him, he'll always be a talking point until the day he finally leaves, some will be full of joy, others wondering why he was never given a chance when fully fit.

Saying that though, he did win me £90 as first goalscorer in the Palmero game. The bookies even had to ring up and find out the odds as he wasn't even listed as a first goalscorer!  :thup:

JIMMY SMITH - he was the most exciting player to watch, you knew that he could do just 'anything he liked' with the ball, and often made the opposition look totally useless.

I remember one midweek evening league game, against West Brom I seem to remember.  It was a very 'competitive' match, and Jinky was in-the-mood, and totally dominated play. Fantastic to watch.

I also remember going to a reserve game when he was making a comeback from injury.  When I got there, I found there was about another 15,000 there already  -  for a reserve game!!  All because Jinky was playing. 

It is absolutely true that the very first thing he did that reserve game (down by the Centre Paddock it was) was to put the ball through some poor blokes legs and run around him.  Great stuff!!