How US approach rubbed off on Big Sam

Guest Knightrider

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

Well, I said you wanted to stick with Roeder, can you explain how you weren't advocating that in that thread?

Come on Alex, he clearly spelled it out for you. Subtley.

yes, because that translated as me supporting Roeder didnt it?

Yes, because that's what I was saying you triple banker.

oh right, you just decided to post that completely independantly of what had gone before?

I did a little search for your posts involving the word Roeder just to make sure I hadn't dreamtwhat you'd posted about him in the past and it turns out it's quite a comedy gold mine...

Guest Invicta_Toon

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

Well, I said you wanted to stick with Roeder, can you explain how you weren't advocating that in that thread?

I wanted to stick with ONE manager for more than 1 year, it wouldn't matter who it was

Guest Invicta_Toon

oh right, you just decided to post that completely independantly of what had gone before?

I did a little search for your posts involving the word Roeder just to make sure I hadn't dreamtwhat you'd posted about him in the past and it turns out it's quite a comedy gold mine...

you really should put a disclaimer on your posts then if you intend on having no relation between succesive posts, as that is the purpose of a message board

Guest alex

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

I wanted to stick with ONE manager for more than 1 year, it wouldn't matter who it was

So, you wanted to stick with Roeder then, given he was the manager at the time. Which is what I said, isn't it?

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

I wanted to stick with ONE manager for more than 1 year, it wouldn't matter who it wa

But that manager was Roeder.  Hence you wanted to stick with Roeder.  Or you wanted to stick with someone else somehow?

you really should put a disclaimer on your posts then if you intend on having no relation between succesive posts, as that is the purpose of a message board

I think you really should stick a disclaimer on your posts that they have no relation to reality...

Guest alex

It doesn't matter who the manager is, we should stick with him for more than a year. A bit different to Vic/SSH* wanting Allardyce sacked as soon as he was appointed over on Toontastic. Good stuff this like :lol:

*Assuming they're the same bloke :razz:

Guest Invicta_Toon

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

So, you wanted to stick with Roeder then, given he was the manager at the time. Which is what I said, isn't it?

I know you can't understand this, but sticking with Roeder does not necessarily mean you support Roeder.

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

I know you can't understand this, but sticking with Roeder does not necessarily mean you support Roeder.

I know what you mean John.

HAD ON, one fucking minute, you're moving the goalposts here.  You now admit you wanted to stick with Roeder?  What you told Alex he was wrong about wasn't about supporting Roeder, it was about sticking with Roeder.

Vic wanted to stick with Roeder iirc. Some good sense there.

you recall wrongly

Guest alex

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

You're the one who mentioned the word 'support' though. I said you wanted to stick with Roeder, you said I had recalled that incorrectly (one page ago if you'd like to check). Now you're admitting you did want to stick with him. Jesus man, are you trying to make yourself look daft?

Guest Invicta_Toon

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

You're the one who mentioned the word 'support' though. I said you wanted to stick with Roeder, you said I had recalled that incorrectly (one page ago if you'd like to check). Now you're admitting you did want to stick with him. Jesus man, are you trying to make yourself look daft?

if you attribute your original post as not implying support for Roeder, then it's not me who looks daft right now

Guest Gemmill

you recall wrongly

ORLY?

yes

if you attribute your original post as not implying support for Roeder, then it's not me who looks daft right now

It definitely is you. :lol:

It was a one sentence post man, it wasn't an Oscar Wilde poem for fucks sake, how do you get this intricately woven tapestry of metaphor and hidden meaning out of it? :lol:

You could have at least said "This post actually means I supported Roeder therefore Alex recalled wrongly because I only wanted to stick with him like he said but didn't actually mean"

Guest Invicta_Toon

Vic, more faces than Mount Rushmore :lol:

I know you have a problem with it coach, but I'd wager the majority of people understand the difference between a manager not being fired after a year in a job with the same boss because that boss has gone through 5 managers in 10 years, and a new owner perhaps wanting to install his own manager irregardless of when he was appointed

granted I know this may upset you because your hero might actually have to take a break from football, just like he promised his former employer and best mate that he would do

Guest Invicta_Toon

It was a one sentence post man, it wasn't an Oscar Wilde poem for fucks sake, how do you get this intricately woven tapestry of metaphor and hidden meaning out of it? :lol:

You could have at least said "This post actually means I supported Roeder therefore Alex recalled wrongly because I only wanted to stick with him like he said but didn't actually mean"

fucking listen to yourself, as if anyone ever posts like that FFS

Guest alex

I only posted "Vic wanted to stick with Roeder iirc." as I thought he was being a bit of an arse and I hoped for a bite/denial. :lol:

Guest Invicta_Toon

I only posted "Vic wanted to stick with Roeder iirc." as I thought he was being a bit of an arse and I hoped for a bite/denial. :lol:

denial of what? now you've explained what you literally wrote is what you literally mean, rather than how 95% would have interpreted it, then I am in full agreement