Transfer possibilities

Guest Knightrider

Guest alex

Not sure what to make of Baines tbh.

From what I've seen he's in the John Beresford mould but with a bit more tenacity in the tackle. He is by no means a brilliant defender, but going forward he's quick, links up play well and sends in good crosses, he's also quite good in the air despite being cock-height. I think he'd be a good signing because there is clearly room for improvement there meaning we don't just improve a position that needs improving, but we could also end up with a player who will make the position his own for years to come. He'd be a better option than Bridge in my opinion as he's less injury prone, younger and will therefore be more hungry and more eager to learn. By all accounts he's a quiet lad, the model pro type, too.

Very good at set-pieces too.

Another plus point then. God knows ours are poor, although I expect that to change under Allardyce.

An oft neglected part of the game in terms of its importance. I think a massive part of the (relative) success achieved under Robson was the quality of delivery from either side when Robert and Solano were playing. Especially significant in tight matches. We've been missing this for a while. It'll be even better when Beckham comes on loan ;)

I think Baines (or another quality fullback) is absolutely essential for us at this point. We can't start the season with the jokers we have at the moment, although all could potentially stay as back-up.

If we don't get Viduka I'll need to rethink the avatar!

You do anyway - thats the old kit!!!!

Guest Knightrider

Nonda always looked alright to me whenever I saw him, for Monaco anyway. Not seen much of him for Blackburn mind.

I think Baines (or another quality fullback) is absolutely essential for us at this point. We can't start the season with the jokers we have at the moment, although all could potentially stay as back-up.

If we don't get Viduka I'll need to rethink the avatar!

You do anyway - thats the old kit!!!!

Give a lad a break, I only had a few minutes to choose a body that matched Viduka's stocky frame... it's Titus Bramble by the way!

Guest Invicta_Toon

BRING BACK THE TRANSFER FORUM

Don't see the problem with having this stuff in here, there's no actual football to discuss at the minute...

yeah I love reading about the same player in 4 different threads who no cunt has actually seen play let alone know what position he is

Guest David Kelly

Considerably less than excited by the prospect of Nonda or Boateng (alough I admit I know next to nothing about him) but Viduka, Ben Haim and Baines would be an excellent start with them all being exactly the type of players we need.

Was about to say I'd love us to go after Rodrigo Palacio... until I saw this.

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/news/story?id=435155

Barcelona are close to sealing a deal for Argentine international striker Rodrigo Palacio. The 25-year-old has been tracked for months and Barca have now agreed a fee with his club Boca Juniors for a reported €22million (£14.9million).

Click here

The player is one of the most highly-rated players in South America, although there is a stumbling block in the deal as Barca insist they will only deal with Boca Juniors - who own a majority 32.5 per cent stake in the player.

Boca must now negotiate with the other shareholders involved with Palacio - his former clubs Huracan and Banfield, and his agent Juan Paladino.

'We have reached to an agreement with Barcelona for transferring him in July,' Boca vice-president Pedro Pompilio told Radio Mitre.

'But Barcelona has said to us that the condition for doing the transfer is that they want to negotiate only with us, so we have to get in touch with Huracan, Banfield and the agent Juan Paladino because they are the owners of the rest of the percentage of the player.

'We have been in negotiations with Huracan for many months but we haven't reached a financial agreement because they want much more than the $2.5 million that we have offered to them.

'As they have been relegated to a lower division now they want more money than what we had agreed sometime ago.

'The same happens with Paladino. The only ones with whom we don't have any problem is with Banfield because they have a little percentage and they are ok with what we do with the player.'

He added: 'I expect to have all these negotiations resolved as soon as possible because it's a good financial offer for everyone and if we don't reach to an agreement, Barcelona isn't going to wait a long time, they will go out and buy another player. That's what we are trying to make the other parts involved to understand.'

Ah well. He'll be superb for Barca, with or without Eto'o.