Souness: Magpies have Problems

Guest johnson293

Guest GAMMELL

He is 1 of the most intolerable arseholes ever to come across in professional footaball. The scottish C*nt  :tickedoff:

He is 1 of the most intolerable arseholes ever to come across in professional footaball. The scottish C*nt  :tickedoff:

Agreed.

Anyone with half a brain can see he took us backwards at a frightening speed. We finished 4th 3rd and 5th under Sir bobby before our genius of a chairman decided to sack him and replace him with someone blackburn were about to get rid of and who were delighted to recieve compensation for.We were 15th and in relegation form when he was sacked.

The only reason Souness can't see it is that he's blinded by his huge Ego. A half decent person may actually have held their hands up and said "ok ok i f***** up there" on arrival i stated this is the best squad of players i've ever worked with , then i  pretty much wasted £50m". Someone who can never admit they've done anything wrong even though they clearly have is a contemptable arsehole. Always someone elses fault. 

Souness is like Gullit, still trying to justify failure.  He won't stop as long as anyone will listen.  We know the truth.

Or if everyone isn't listening he'll still drone on and on. Deluded Sh*t.

I can't be ars*d reading all of this. But any opinions of the worst manger we have had in living memory don't interest me. By the way is the B*sta*d still on the payroll or have we finally got fully shot of him ?

• 2 weeks later...

Farringtons view, and he just about calls it perfectly IMO

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/sundaysun/columnists/tm_headline=so-freddy%2Ds-to-blame-then%2D%26method=full%26objectid=19348712%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

So Freddy's to blame then? Jun 24 2007

By Neil Farrington, The Sunday Sun

I read that Graeme Souness has launched a campaign to "clear his name".

Clear his name of the slur that he has come to be regarded as the worst manager in Newcastle United's modern history? Perhaps. But certainly of the suggestion that he did so by anything but the book.

Sadly, in trying to disprove the one, Souness did little more than remind us of the other.

First things first. The suggestion that Freddy Shepherd has too much say on United transfer targets is old and familiar enough to be worthy of debate.

But not by Souness.

For the suggestion that chairman Shepherd identified, pursued and signed Amdy Faye and Albert Luque off his own bat is as ludicrous as the idea of anyone paying £8 million for a joke defender signed for nothing five months earlier.

Anyone, in this case, being Graeme Souness.

The Jean-Alain Boumsong deal stank. Of gross incompetence, if nothing else.

It stands as a monument in the mind of every Newcastle fan to the folly of Souness's appointment.

So for him to admit (in defending himself against the Quest report) that he was party to every aspect of that transfer but not others at Newcastle, displayed a stunning lack of self-awareness - or shame.

Clearly, questions remain unanswered over United's recent transfer history. Not least, as I wrote last week, where Shepherd's son Kenneth may fit into it.

But it is one thing for Souness to say he played ball by the Quest investigators and by the rules while at Newcastle, yet quite another to state: "One man and one man alone decided what player came to the club and what player left . . . it was the chairman."

So it was Shepherd who spotted Faye's potential (!) at Portsmouth, Luque's Premiership attributes (!!) and Celestine Babayaro's dependability (!!!)?

Shepherd who got shot of Craig Bellamy?

And even if that were so; even if his slight on Shepherd was more than an attempt to excuse the mess he himself created at Newcastle, I would ask Souness this.

If your pride and integrity are so precious to you Graeme, why did you stick in a servile job for 16 months?

I think we'd all claim to know the answer to that one.

Guest samtoonarmy

Hes the one that took us from 5th to 14th the following season - our worst Premiership finish ever. And then he comes out and says weve got problems. Hes the one that made the problems in the first place.

Hes the one that took us from 5th to 14th the following season - our worst Premiership finish ever.

Depends which way you look at it, points wise our worst Premiership finish was last season under Roeder.