Performance Of The Season

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest Magic

Quite frankly we were fucking shit last season. I remember in the last couple of despairing months repeatedly looking back dejectedly over our fixtures trying to work out exactly when we last played well for a whole match. We actually picked up a few points in January - 'pool in Feb time, when we had real big injury problems, but even then only perhaps against Man Utd. did we actually aquit ourselves well. Against Tottenham we should have been absolutely stuffed, Aston Villa we got the quick goals and then stopped playing and were battered for the remaining 83 minutes. Liverpool we were a bit fortunate with our goals and frankly could well have been 3 down by halftime. Basically I suppose it went back to Tottenham at home. Which is a lot of poor, poor football ago.

We picked up quite a few points we didn't deserve quite frankly, and this often happens both ways, but to be honest I can't really think of many occasions when we got less than we deserved. I think we got a bit lucky with points last season.

That's what happens when the manager plays solely to protect your team's weakness - our defence, rather than try and play to your team's strength - attacking players who operate well in space. We were turned constantly into the underdogs scrapping desperately just to pick up some points, rather than a confident team who felt they were going to win. Anyway, it's history now, suffice it to say we were fucking shit last year. Shit against the good teams, shit against the average teams, and shit against the teams of fucking part-timers. And now I've got that off my chest I'm never going to think of last season ever again.

Guest nufcandy

Quite frankly we were f****** s*** last season. I remember in the last couple of despairing months repeatedly looking back dejectedly over our fixtures trying to work out exactly when we last played well for a whole match. We actually picked up a few points in January - 'pool in Feb time, when we had real big injury problems, but even then only perhaps against Man Utd. did we actually aquit ourselves well. Against Tottenham we should have been absolutely stuffed, Aston Villa we got the quick goals and then stopped playing and were battered for the remaining 83 minutes. Liverpool we were a bit fortunate with our goals and frankly could well have been 3 down by halftime. Basically I suppose it went back to Tottenham at home. Which is a lot of poor, poor football ago.

We picked up quite a few points we didn't deserve quite frankly, and this often happens both ways, but to be honest I can't really think of many occasions when we got less than we deserved. I think we got a bit lucky with points last season.

That's what happens when the manager plays solely to protect your team's weakness - our defence, rather than try and play to your team's strength - attacking players who operate well in space. We were turned constantly into the underdogs scrapping desperately just to pick up some points, rather than a confident team who felt they were going to win. Anyway, it's history now, suffice it to say we were f****** s*** last year. s*** against the good teams, s*** against the average teams, and s*** against the teams of f****** part-timers. And now I've got that off my chest I'm never going to think of last season ever again.

bet you do like

Guest SuperMan

Possibly our best League performance was the 1-0 win against Portsmouth.  Even though it was only 1-0 we battered them.

This.

Dyer and Charlie tore their full backs apart that day.