Sunderland after Baines

Skirge

Guest optimistic nit

:frantic: tbh

i cant see why anyone is panicing atm. we've already signed 2 players, what other clubs can boast of that? we've sold one yes, and we've let go of the dead wood, but i would rather play carroll up front next season than sibi in all honesty. i think moore and bramble would be useful squad players, but i'm not dissapointed they were let go. We've got ages to go, and sam has even come out and said he's looking for defenders. we've missed out on benhaim, someone who would have taken a lot of SA's time over the last few weeks as he was his top priority.

Big Sam will bring in defenders sooner or later and im willing to wait if its worth the wait!

Sibierski was a great team player though Op Nut. But i think we needed to get rid of him though as we have a fight for the strikers to get a place in the squad  :laugh: Mackems couldnt sign a piece of paper never mind a good footballer! they think halford or whoever is a good player...who is he? £3mil for someone who nee1 has heard of  :laugh2:

Guest sicko2ndbest

West Ham closing in on Shorey and line up Bellamy

By Jason Burt

Published: 23 June 2007

West Ham United are closing in on the signing of Reading's Nicky Shorey and hope to announce a £6m deal for the left-back next week.

Reading are working hard to keep Shorey and have opened contract talks with the defender, who made his England debut this month, although they are interested in taking Hayden Mullins from Upton Park. The midfielder could become a makeweight in the transfer.

Also leaving West Ham will be Paul Konchesky who is out of favour with manager Alan Curbishley and has wanted a move since January. At that time Aston Villa and Manchester City were keen to sign him, while Birmingham City recently failed with a £2m bid for the defender but are set to increase their offer.

Shorey has two years left on his present contract at the Madejski Stadium but has been promised that he can re-negotiate it and become one of the club's highest-earners. With Reading's strict wage structure that would see him earn around £20,000 a week, although West Ham are prepared to offer far more.

Shorey, who has been a virtual ever-present since signing from Leyton Orient for just £25,000 in 2001, has also interested Newcastle United but it is thought that West Ham are favourites to secure him should he decide to move on.

They have been interested in Shorey for some time and initially feared that they had little chance of landing the player. However, West Ham have grown increasingly confident that they may get their man, although sources concede that negotiations are delicately poised.

West Ham are also concentrating on securing Craig Bellamy from Liverpool, with Yossi Benayoun moving in the opposite direction. Liverpool have indicated that they are prepared to pay £4.5m for Benayoun after West Ham withdrew a new contract offer for the Israeli international. Bellamy has been valued at £12m but it is likely a deal will be brokered involving Benayoun.

If the midfielder leaves, West Ham will turn their attentions once again to trying to sign Shaun Wright-Phillips having had a £10m bid for the winger accepted by Chelsea in January only for him to refuse to move.

West Ham regard Bellamy as the ideal partner for Dean Ashton when the latter returns from injury, especially as the chances of Carlos Tevez staying at Upton Park remain slim. Another striker on his way is Marlon Harewood. Four clubs - Birmingham, Fulham, Portsmouth and Aston Villa - have registered an interest but, as yet, no club has come close to meeting the £5m valuation put on him. Birmingham had an offer of £3m rejected.

Fulham are unlikely to pursue Harewood should they, as expected, sign Diomansy Kamara from West Bromwich Albion for £3m plus the Icelandic striker Heider Helguson. Fulham's new manager Lawrie Sanchez wants to buy up to eight players this summer as he overhauls the squad he inherited from Chris Coleman.

Sanchez is pursuing a trio of players he managed when in charge of Northern Ireland - the Aston Villa pair of Aaron Hughes and Steven Davis, and the Leeds United striker David Healy. Hughes is expected to be the first to arrive at Craven Cottage, with a £1m deal close to being agreed, although Fulham may baulk at the £5m Villa hope to receive for Davis. Healy is also keen to reunite with Sanchez, although no deal can take place until the ban on transfers at Leeds is lifted next month.

Fulham have also shown interest in Mido, who is certain to leave Tottenham Hotspur once they sign Darren Bent from Charlton Athletic. Charlton are lining up Jason Roberts as Bent's replacement as the striker wants to leave Blackburn Rovers and return to London for personal reasons. His availability

if shorey didnt come here then i would like sam to go for baines

if the mackems really are trying for him he would prefer to come here or anywhere else than the mackems

I'd buy him, whether Whelan would sell him to us is a different matter. We are not going to get Bridge, Bale has gone to Spuds & from I have seen Baines could do a job for us.

Where is the avatar from Tsunami ???

Guest Magpiecn

Either Shorey or Baines will be a good buy.But Shorey seems more solid.

I dont care what Mackems wants to buy,I will not be surprise to hear that  if  Roy keane announce to buy Rooney :tickedoff:

Guest LucasUnger

if we want to go forward we have to get players like him. i think at 6 mil he'd be a superb buy