Allardyce to be given £50m by Ashley - The Times

Guest TrEe

I'm shocked why you can't see why players don't feel going to a club that is in Europe is better than going to one that has a big ground.  We've been a shower of s**** compared to how we were under Robson, who would you rather player for... a team that's at the level where they regularly play in Europe or one that's got 52,000 fans kicking their arse with screams and boo's because they playing s**** and not they ain't reaching European football at the moment.  Having a big ground means f*** all, after all a flash 150,000 seater stadium in Division 2 hardly would dictate that players would come running from clubs around the world if we tried for them. Being in a winning side that isn't making headlines for the wrong reasons is.  Having 52,000 stadium and regular in Europe is different all together however... and with Sam we can make that a combo that DOES attract the big players.  Just need to get there again first.

I'm shocked that you're shocked.  :)

Bolton and Everton will not gain anything over us by qualifying for Europe, Spurs will gain something because of it but I doubt that many players in the Premiership will look at the two clubs and think that we're not capable of catching and climbing above Spurs, I admit I do have rose tinted spec's where Newcastle are concerned but I think only one of the three come close to us, even with them having Europe and Newcastle not.

The only teams that we'd struggle to beat to a player are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U.

I'm shocked why you can't see why players don't feel going to a club that is in Europe is better than going to one that has a big ground.  We've been a shower of s**** compared to how we were under Robson, who would you rather player for... a team that's at the level where they regularly play in Europe or one that's got 52,000 fans kicking their arse with screams and boo's because they playing s**** and not they ain't reaching European football at the moment.  Having a big ground means f*** all, after all a flash 150,000 seater stadium in Division 2 hardly would dictate that players would come running from clubs around the world if we tried for them. Being in a winning side that isn't making headlines for the wrong reasons is.  Having 52,000 stadium and regular in Europe is different all together however... and with Sam we can make that a combo that DOES attract the big players.  Just need to get there again first.

Bolton and Everton will not gain anything over us by qualifying for Europe, Spurs will gain something because of it but I doubt that many players in the Premiership will look at the two clubs and think that we're not capable of catching and climbing above Spurs, I admit I do have rose tinted spec's where Newcastle are concerned but I think only one of the three come close to us, even with them having Europe and Newcastle not.

The only teams that we'd struggle to beat to a player are Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U.

Maybe right Mick. I expect one or two to plump for London regardless so on that score WHU and Spurs have an edge. Neither can match the fan base we have though. Or the stadium. The Spurs fans on here tend to talk utter bollocks. One thinks he is married to Levy and the other one writes like a 12 year old. I take what they say with a pinch of salt but they are in a slightly better position in the short term. Spurs are well supported but fickle as fuck. Arsenal have always brought a bigger away following. Not much to choose between Spurs or WHU as to who brings most (or least as we may describe it). Players from here or located here will be aware of that sort of stuff and those who are bothered are the type we want.

Guest elbee909

I'd like us to stop paying mediocre amounts for mediocre defenders - you get what you pay for and its time we started buying decent full backs in particular and stop bargain basement hunting in the £1-2m bracket.  We won't get a decent defence till we buy a couple of quality full backs and at least one more decent centre back.  These players don't come cheap but if we are serious about improving the team then we need to focus on areas where historically we have been inept or just plain tight at addressing.

Instead buy a £8m defender like Boumsong

The only other time we have spent that sort of money in the last 10 years was Woodgate and he was the best defender I have ever seen in a black and white shirt.

We spend £1.5m on Stephen Carr - sh*t

We spend £1m on Babyaro - sh*t

I'm not saying the money hasn't got to be spent wisely, it shouldn't be wasted and if Allardyce can find obscure players from nowhere then great or proven top players on free transfers - brilliant - but historically we tend not to spend a lot on our defence on real top - proven defenders  - instead we go out and spend shed loads on cr*p left wingers and I think that has contributed to our woeful defence.

I thought Man Utd got a bit of a bargain getting Evra for what, 4.5 million?  They're out there, just got to bloody get them locked down.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

evras an awful defender man, ok going forward, but shit at defending, run at him, he backs off n backs off, n jus lets you go where u want.

your missing the point.  This club shouldn't spend £50 million on players at this time, it would probs do more damage as its no garauntee to make any difference on us getting 6th.  Without European football to offer your most likely not being able to attract the right type of expensive player for Newcastle.  You will get over-priced one season wonders from smaller clubs who may or may not do it again.  Truth is we don't need to spend £50 million, so why harp on about having it.  If we spent £50 million for the sake and thrill to spend "£50million" then we are complete dickheads and not spending money cause we need to, but because we think we have to, despite the clubs circumstances and managers requirements.  We've already bought and sold and received compensation so that we've made money and brought good players in.  If Allerdyce pulls a few more cheap ones out for better quality players you suddenly have nothing to spend £50 million on, other than over price s**** that will just increase wage bill and force a rotation system of expensive players.  Forget the amount, focus on what is right for Newcastle and wait to see who we buy.  If we don't spend £50 million, people will moan as they have now read it in a paper and think it will happen.  All I care about is finishing 6th as cheaply as possible.  We have good players, but we don't need another £50 million pounds worth if its the type of player who signs for clubs who outside of Europe.

If we have £50 million to spend and we do it and get good value for money then it's the right thing to do as we need investment to bring an improvement.

I don't think anybody has said that we should just spend it because we might have it.  It doesn't matter how much we have, we do need to get value for money.

I'm even more shocked that your shocked at me being shocked at your original post.  My expression must be like this... lol

http://www.weeville.com/Home%20Alone%20With%20MJ.jpg

It's a gamble spending that kind of money on a full back, but I think it's a bigger gamble to get a cheap unknown kid and hope he makes it. Arsenal got rid of Lauren when they know Eboue was coming through, they got rid of Cole when they knew Clichy was coming through. They also knew that Gallas and Toure can cover either full back position if needed. They got rid of Campbell when they knew Toure could hack it. They didn't just bring in these players for pennies and throw them into the first team.

Newcastle are probably going to sell Babayaro and Carr. That means we have no full backs. Unlike Arsenal we start from scratch and must sort out the position first, then think about signing kids who can be brought through when they're ready. That, for me, is what a sensible transfer policy is about. It might cost a bit but it allows you the luxury of going for unknown youngsters without disrupting the first team.

Bring in established full backs at a cost if we have to and then scout cheap kids who may or not make it. Geremi on the right would be a good start, as for the left side I'm not sure.

your missing the point.  This club shouldn't spend £50 million on players at this time, it would probs do more damage as its no garauntee to make any difference on us getting 6th.  Without European football to offer your most likely not being able to attract the right type of expensive player for Newcastle.  You will get over-priced one season wonders from smaller clubs who may or may not do it again.  Truth is we don't need to spend £50 million, so why harp on about having it.  If we spent £50 million for the sake and thrill to spend "£50million" then we are complete dickheads and not spending money cause we need to, but because we think we have to, despite the clubs circumstances and managers requirements.  We've already bought and sold and received compensation so that we've made money and brought good players in.  If Allerdyce pulls a few more cheap ones out for better quality players you suddenly have nothing to spend £50 million on, other than over price s**** that will just increase wage bill and force a rotation system of expensive players.  Forget the amount, focus on what is right for Newcastle and wait to see who we buy.  If we don't spend £50 million, people will moan as they have now read it in a paper and think it will happen.  All I care about is finishing 6th as cheaply as possible.  We have good players, but we don't need another £50 million pounds worth if its the type of player who signs for clubs who outside of Europe.

If we have £50 million to spend and we do it and get good value for money then it's the right thing to do as we need investment to bring an improvement.

I don't think anybody has said that we should just spend it because we might have it.  It doesn't matter how much we have, we do need to get value for money.

ok cool, but do you not think that we can ge 6th without having to spend £50million? I don't think we need to spend that much, I'd rather we saved that cash until we got 6th, then spent that and some to get even better players than we could before to make that extra push.  Pressure is on to deliver if £50million is spent and if we fail again to reach Europe, it's another huge wad of cash pissed away.

I'm even more shocked that your shocked at me being shocked at your original post.  My expression must be like this... lol

http://www.weeville.com/Home%20Alone%20With%20MJ.jpg

Am I right in thinking that you're shocked that I'm shocked that you're shocked?

I've got to say, that's come as a shock.  :D