Tonights Chronicle: 'Beye bid', and 'Sheva swoop! (but in ice hockey)

Guest hindu times

Guest Bellers

Would Beye be a good signing? I dont even know where he plays in the backline  :blush:

He used to play up front for Lyon, but after running away with the Golden boot he became bored and signed for Marseille who converted him to a center back.

The good news is he hasn't lost his pace and can still be deployed on the flank...

Guest Invicta_Toon

Big Sam bid to buy Beye

Jul 10 2007

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Allardyce has been working around the clock on further transfers and spent much of his time in the clubs Austrian boot camp last week conducting negotiations over the phone before leaving Uniteds training base yesterday.

It's official. Lee Ryder reads N-O

Skirge, have you got a link for the Chronicles version of the Beye story?

No its not on there yet..

Chronicle back page

"Big Sam to Bid Buy Beye"

:lol:

Its showing up under Chronicle live but when you click to read the story you get yesterdays story still..

Don't worry, I've read it and it's just more s**** journalism from Lee Ryder. I'm fairly sure Luke Edwards at the Journal is the only guy to get insider info nowadays.

How do you work that out? I cant remember the Journal ever breaking a story.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Chronicle back page

Its showing up under Chronicle live but when you click to read the story you get yesterdays story still..

Don't worry, I've read it and it's just more s**** journalism from Lee Ryder. I'm fairly sure Luke Edwards at the Journal is the only guy to get insider info nowadays.

I found Lee Ryder!! :lol:

Chronicle back page

The Journal are the ones who have been mentioning Habib Beye for weeks now, they were the first to get confirmation from Sam that we were after Ben Haim and Rozenhal, they broke the Deco story yesterday (rightly or wrongly), they have had loads of exclusive interviews with Sam, and the articles are well written.

The Chronicle, on the other hand, write countless stories without basing them on anything substanstial, they wrongly broke the story that we had agreed in principle to sign Edmilson (hours later, Barcelona officials denied it), and they've had hardly any "exclusives" since Sam and Mark Ashley took control.

The Journal are much more likely to know the truth nowadays, in my opinion.

The Sunday Sun broke the Beye story and Deco was in Sunday's NOTW. The fact the Journal didn't even have it on their back page yesterday suggests they don't believe it themselves.

Chronicle back page

The Journal are the ones who have been mentioning Habib Beye for weeks now, they were the first to get confirmation from Sam that we were after Ben Haim and Rozenhal, they broke the Deco story yesterday (rightly or wrongly), they have had loads of exclusive interviews with Sam, and the articles are well written.

The Chronicle, on the other hand, write countless stories without basing them on anything substanstial, they wrongly broke the story that we had agreed in principle to sign Edmilson (hours later, Barcelona officials denied it), and they've had hardly any "exclusives" since Sam and Mark Ashley took control.

The Journal are much more likely to know the truth nowadays, in my opinion.

The Sunday Sun broke the Beye story and Deco was in Sunday's NOTW. The fact the Journal didn't even have it on their back page yesterday suggests they don't believe it themselves.

Yes, Deco was in the NOTW, but not in the same detail as it was in the Journal. I don't remember the Beye story breaking in the Sunday Sun, I was 99% sure I read it first in the Journal. The rest of my points you can't argue with. The chronicle have had no "exclusives" since Allardyce took over.

Deco was only in greater detail in the Journal because they have more space to fill. As I say, if they really believed in the story, why wasn't it on the back page? Beye was definitely mentioned in the SS - and the Chron - before the Journal. A search on icnewcastle would confirm it, if i had time.

I also like the quality of writing in the Journal, but I certainly don't read it to get an inside track on the club.

Habib Beye has insisted he wants to stay at Marseille, despite interest from Newcastle.

The 29-year-old, at home at right-back or centre-half, has emerged as one of the most effective defenders in Ligue 1 over recent seasons and Sam Allardyce is known to have been tracking him for a number of months.

Beye was one of the first targets highlighted by Allardyce when he took charge and reports in England suggested a deal to take him to Tyneside was close - but now the Senegalese international has stated his ambition to remain at the Stade Velodrome.

"I am under contract for one more year with l'OM and I do not want to leave unless I am told to go elsewhere," he revealed.

"At the appropriate time I will talk with the leaders, but now is not the time for that topic."

Beye is a firm fans' favourite at Marseille, having arrived from Strasbourg in 2003.

Beye is also captain and with a UEFA Champions League campaign in the offing, he is looking forward to next season.

"The quality of the squad has improved, but that must be cemented on the pitch," he told La Provence.

"The new players have shown their qualities at their previous club, and it is now with them to show it here.

"On paper with have a beautiful team, but that is only on paper.

"[bolo] Zenden is a player of international fame and the signature of [Djibril] Cisse is great news."

Beye insists Marseille should now be thinking about challenging the all-conquering Lyon for the French title.

"We finished second in the championship and were finalists in the Coupe de France, and logically we want to improve year on year," he said.

Sky sports.

Guest 22bnw

Habib Beye has insisted he wants to stay at Marseille, despite interest from Newcastle.

The 29-year-old, at home at right-back or centre-half, has emerged as one of the most effective defenders in Ligue 1 over recent seasons and Sam Allardyce is known to have been tracking him for a number of months.

Beye was one of the first targets highlighted by Allardyce when he took charge and reports in England suggested a deal to take him to Tyneside was close - but now the Senegalese international has stated his ambition to remain at the Stade Velodrome.

"I am under contract for one more year with l'OM and I do not want to leave unless I am told to go elsewhere," he revealed.

"At the appropriate time I will talk with the leaders, but now is not the time for that topic."

Beye is a firm fans' favourite at Marseille, having arrived from Strasbourg in 2003.

Beye is also captain and with a UEFA Champions League campaign in the offing, he is looking forward to next season.

"The quality of the squad has improved, but that must be cemented on the pitch," he told La Provence.

"The new players have shown their qualities at their previous club, and it is now with them to show it here.

"On paper with have a beautiful team, but that is only on paper.

"[bolo] Zenden is a player of international fame and the signature of [Djibril] Cisse is great news."

Beye insists Marseille should now be thinking about challenging the all-conquering Lyon for the French title.

"We finished second in the championship and were finalists in the Coupe de France, and logically we want to improve year on year," he said.

Sky sports.

Exactly what I was gonna say