Who we could have had

Guest Knightrider

Guest Toon83

i think Big Sam will get in the right players eventually, but he needs to act fast, forget about the players we could have had, there gone now, time to look at the players we WILL be getting

Its a shame we missed out on these players as they would have been good additions, so unlucky for Sam - he just better have some alternatives.

CoachHTT after all your recent praise of him how would you feel about Big Sam if he fails to sign a recognised left back in the transfer window?

Guest Knightrider

Its a shame we missed out on these players as they would have been good additions, so unlucky for Sam - he just better have some alternatives.

CoachHTT after all your recent praise of him how would you feel about Big Sam if he fails to sign a recognised left back in the transfer window?

Does a left-back make a manager? No. My opinions won't change a bit, I'd still rate him and believe he'll be good for the club regardless. I'd be disappointed in him and critical of course, but I wouldn't hang him for it put it this way. Every manager whoever they are or may be will get more than one thing wrong in the transfer market, unlike others it seems, I accept this and know even though it is blatantly obvious we need a new left-back, sometimes these things don't transpire, for whatever reason. I am fully confident we'll get one though, especially following the news that Freddy Shepherd has gone, which to me is perhaps an indication that the review process has been completed or is nearing completion.

I agree that managers make mistakes in the transfer market, but if sam doesn't get a left back in my opinion it will be one of the biggest managerial failings i have ever seen. Good full backs would revolutionise this teams attacking play, as well as hopefully organising the back four a bit more. Damien Duff for example would be a different player with someone decent behind him.