Allardyce rules out Curtis Davies move

Guest sicko2ndbest

Excellent. Rule out the only defender that would actually come to us right now.

I think SA is still in for him, but the fee is putting him off and he's using the media to haggle it down.

But he still does need Sol Campbell, i wish he'd just go for it instead of sitting around on his arse.

No doubt Campbell would want fairly high wages but its not like we can't afford it.

He's just what we need, strong and experienced. Very very very solid, I can't remember him making an awful lot of mistakes, I've seen him make the rare gaff, but all defenders do at some point.

He's also very strong in the air, and is always a threat to score from set pieces.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is chasing a series of targets with proven quality and experience the main requirements, and for that reason, is not in the market for wantaway West Brom star Curtis Davies.

Steven Taylor earned his manager's wrath for needlessly aggravating an ankle injury against Celtic, although the damage is not thought to be too serious.

However, while Allardyce has high hopes for the 21-year-old, he wants to surround him with old heads.

He said: "I am looking for experienced defenders. I have Steven Taylor, who is a very, very young and very, very good prospect, and I would put Curtis Davies alongside Steven Taylor.

"They are both in their early 20s and in the Premiership, that would be the wrong thing to do.

"Somebody with more experience needs to be brought in as well as David Rozehnal, who has been pretty impressive in the time he has been here.

"Peter Ramage did a terrific job in the first half with Paul Huntington gaining more experience.

"I have got Huntington, Steven Taylor and Peter Ramage - I don't need the inexperience of Curtis Davies, as good a player as he is.

"He is definitely a Premiership player, but I need more experience in there in those positions to achieve the clean sheets we would be looking for in the Premiership."

Get a feeling Taylor won't be in the starting lineup next season, which might be a good thing. Bring him along a little bit slower. If we sign someone like Campbell or Hyypia then Taylor can take over in a years time or so.

Campbell would be perfect.

Okay, he'd want high wages i'd imagine, but he's still a top defender. Strong, experienced and has forgotten more about defending than our lot know put together. He'd also be fantastic for the youngsters at the club.

100% agree

I totally agree as well.I'm presuming whats holding this up is that Campbell is away playing in the Asia Cup.