Shepherd: Betrayed by my friends

Dokko

The club was bought for £133m with £80m worth of debts, he's not going to lose money by clearing those debts, the club will be worth £213m at resale surly?

All he's doing is allowing the full 52,000 gate money to go directly into the club (instead of the £40m or 16,000 seats that we don't get full amount for) and of course £40m cleared and not having to pay interest on.

That along with the extra £40m a season TV deal means the club is making profit. We were losing £1m a month IIRC before he arrived, its not much considering the new money, but even without it clearing the two £40m's should allow this club to be running self sufficient as long as the wage bill hasn't hiked up, which i doubt it really has with the departures that have gone on.

What's £20m on top of that if the club is receiving £40m that it wasn't last year. If we get Europe again, along with TV, prize and gate money, that £20m initial investment looks well worth it.

That's how i'd do it anyway.  O0

There is a basic problem here tho'

as supporters we want ALL the cash spent on the club but we also expect rich guys to put up money  - and then take nothing out

if I had £ 100 million in the club as an investment I'd want it to make at least 5% (and that is being very very generous)

thoughts?

the previous owners made ~500%, not counting the money they made on subsequently selling shares. So if Ashley is the same he'll be looking to take out £500m  :rolleyes:

more! he's a better businessman than fat Fred