Sam's last signing should be a RB

Skirge

This is the one position we don't have depth or quality now. Carr has done alright but his lack of pace and positioning was ruthlessly exposed by Anelka. I don't like the idea of Taylor playing RB either for what it's worth.

If push came to shove, i would put Rozey out there at right back ahead of Taylor or Carr, with Cacapa/Faye to partner Taylor. Simply because out of the whole Newcastle defensive unit, minus Enrique whom i have never seen play football, i think Rozehnal has the best footballing attributes out of the lot.

Displayed great skill when under pressure against Bolton, having touches out of danger and distributing the ball, exactly what you would want from a right back.

Doubt Sam will do that though, just a thought.

If push came to shove, i would put Rozey out there at right back ahead of Taylor or Carr, with Cacapa/Faye to partner Taylor. Simply because out of the whole Newcastle defensive unit, minus Enrique whom i have never seen play football, i think Rozehnal has the best footballing attributes out of the lot.

Displayed great skill when under pressure against Bolton, having touches out of danger and distributing the ball, exactly what you would want from a right back.

Sometimes when you push a 'footballing centre-half' out there it doesn't work as he won't have the options / time and space he has in the middle and will have to get up and down more. I think I'd prefer someone with his distribution in the middle.

Sometimes when you push a 'footballing centre-half' out there it doesn't work as he won't have the options / time and space he has in the middle and will have to get up and down more. I think I'd prefer someone with his distribution in the middle.

I agree, for me Rozenhal's reading of the game has been crucial at the heart of the defence - reminds me of Woodgate although he obviously doesn't compare physical presence. We could always use Geremi there as well but I go along with others who say he would be wasted there. A quality right back would be the final piece of the jigsaw for me.