Ashley Turns Down £20m Profit for Quick Resale.

Crumpy Gunt

How have we left ourselves open to this type of story?

I could say that I have heard on the grape vine that a Japenese consortium is interested in Liverpool and the current owners stand to make 25 million pound profit.

The only difference between my statement and the one about NUFC is that the one about NUFC is that mine is not in the papers.

Mort has come out BEFORE this story and said it is not a short term investment, IMO there is not much more the club can do that say something is not happening even before they are accussed of something?

Watch it be a joint bid for the club from Shepherd & Blair...might be what they were discussing over cocktails in Benidorm. :lol:

Don't be ridiculous. It was Barbados.

Guest black

Watch it be a joint bid for the club from Shepherd & Blair...might be what they were discussing over cocktails in Benidorm. :lol:

Don't be ridiculous. It was Barbados.

Exactly who the hell would go to Benidorm to arrange a take-over?!??

Guest Guinness

What an informative article. They've had to change their agenda seeing as the "£10m" transfer budget stuff was shown to be utter bollocks after spending £12.5m on Smith and Enrique last week.

Editorial independence for the club website is essential though, and a presswatch might not counter the flow of s**** in the press, but would hopefully at least reduce the more outlandish notions that are represented as "news"

I don't know how long the club have been with PremiumTV, but it seems like forever.  It is time for a change.  The fact that we have basically the same poxy website as Macclesfield Town is not only embarassing but probably also a financial handicap given the functionality of Man U's website, or Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton etc. 

Good idea for a suggestion to Mort tbh. Sort the website out and have people employed by the club running it rather than outsourcing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth in the story.

Same here.

Its probably where the rumours of him thinking about selling came from, then one bid attracted another after that as well.

Doesn't mean he wants to, obviously not if he's knocked it back, but this can only be good that people see us as an investment and that were still wanted by other parties.

Who'll want WHU after the egg has finished with them?

Guest justin99.

Does England not have laws regarding journalism?

I know this has been mentioned on numerous occasions, but standards seem to be get worse by the year.