Your Dream Team

Delima

With so many Fantasy Leagues bouncing about, surely you have joined one? So what's your dream team? I signed up to one league (based on The Sun) in my workplace, and I am not allowed to make any change throughout the season. What's your reasons of picking your players?

The following are my players and the reasons of selections. These players are also the players I think will do very well in this season.

Scott Carson (Liverpool) - On loan at Aston Villa, courtesy of Sorensen's injury. In fact Carson is already better than Sorensen, and when Sorensen recuperates I wouldn't expect Carson to be dropped. He has already been challenged by MON to be England no. 1 keeper (no way, he is still not as good as Ben Foster), clearly MON sees a lot in him and wants him to feature heavily. He scored 100 for Charlton which conceded a lot of goals last season. At 2M for Aston Villa, a defensively better side, he represents value for money.

Patrice Evra (Manchester United) - Defensively still suspect at times, he is a great engine down the left however. His crossings and overlappings have contributed to many goals and with Heinze frozen up this season, he has all the world in front of him.

Christopher Samba (Blackburn) - Not the best defender around, but he is a regular for Blackburn and with Blackburn playing in UEFA Cup he will earn quite some points without costing too much money. My worry for him is that with Ooijer coming back this season, anad with Ryan Nelson the skipper, which 2 will Mark Hughes prefer?

Joleon Lescott (Everton)- I expect him to takeover Alann Stubb's postition. Stubb contribured enormously last season but he is slow and old. Lescott has demonstrated that he is equally adept at both left back and centre back. He will definitely be a regular this season and again with Everton playing in UEFA Cup I expect quite some points from him.

Ashley Cole (Chelsea) - Had had his share of injuries last season, maybe this season he won't be that unlucky? When fit one of the best left backs in the world. I am worried about his fitness, but I am willing to take the risk.

Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal) - Surprisingly cheap at 5.5M, definitely one not to miss. Hasn't scored enough goals but towards the end of last season he started to show more willingness to have attempts on goals. He should keep improving and might have a free scoring season ahead of him.

Geremi Nitjap (Newcastle United) - 2M! The star player in our pre season. Would have prefered to have him as right back in my team but the Sun classifies him as midfielder. Still, at 2M he is a snipp. He is a dead certain starter for us. If he isn't playing as right back he must be playing as midfielder. Don't expect him to score many goals but expect him to make a few assists. 2M, definitely defintiely loads of value for money.

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) - Expensive at 8M. But hell he is a goal machine and king of assist. Rafa has indicated that he will play Gerrard more centrally this season. And Gerrard should be even more motivated now that he has Torres, instead of Crouch, playing in front of him.

Robin Van Persie (Arsenal) - As pointed out many media and fans alike, despite his injuries last season he still finished as top scorer in Arsenal. Has looked very sharped in pre season and now that Henry has left, he doesn't need to live in anyone's shadow again. He is a stubborn competitive character who should relish being the main striker of the team. Originally I had wanted to play Da Silva, but I have spare change and wasn't sure if Da Silva could start scoring immediately.

Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspurs) - He guarantees goals, simple as that! He has scored a few goals in pre season. Even if he face fierce competitions from Keane and Defoe

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - I am in the bandwagon believing that this coming season will be his best season yet. He's shown no sign of fatigue, and has looked very eager and enthusiastic in pre season. Some have doubt that if he could adapt to life as frontline striker, but however bad form he was in last season he still scored about 20 and contributed many other assists. I don't think Fergie would be stupid enough to strictly confine Rooney to a lonely role up front. And I have every confidence that he and Tevez would form a deadly partnership.

Special mention - Michael Chopra (Sunderland). He is now the main striker of Sunderland, he will certainly score quite some goals. Many people here don't rate him, but many of the goals he scored last season were classy goals, and yet he earned his reputation by being a predatory striker. Fact is apart from not being a good dribbler like David Nugent, he has shown that he is an all round striker who could find goals in various situations (Ok it is only Championship I know). Would have wanted him in my team but he is too cheap and I want to spend all my money!