My thoughts on a few teams

Guest Knightrider

Were I a cynical chap, I might suspect the real problem Spurs have with Jol is that he's a big squad Dutchman without a huge reputation, and thus not quite gamorous enough.

and the fact he's bought decent players for world class prices

Well, it's all over the Sunday papers.  This is the NOTW's take on it:

SEVILLE boss Juande Ramos is the man Spurs want to replace Martin Jol.

A Tottenham delegation met Ramos on Friday night and are convinced the in-demand Spaniard wants to take over at White Hart Lane.

That leaves Jol in an untenable position after civil war broke out at Spurs. The Dutchman's relationship with chairman Daniel Levy has completely disintegrated after clashes with sporting director Damien Comolli.

A source close to White Hart Lane admitted: "Jol and Comolli don't get on but Levy is adamant the structure WILL remain in place.

"If push comes to shove then he will take Comolli's side, there's no doubt about it.

"The role of the sporting director is set in stone at the club but the coach can be replaced."

The Dutchman has never been comfortable with Comolli's appointment.

Jol reports to Comolli, who oversees the buying and selling of players — and that has brought them into direct conflict.

It has escalated into outright war with the pair barely able to disguise their contempt for each other.

That has brought Jol into confrontation with Levy who insists the coach MUST work with Comolli.

I understand Jol feels that two players recruited last season — Didier Zokora and Ricardo Rocha — were mistakes by Comolli.

The failure to sign a top-class left-winger has also irritated Jol, although the club are chasing Matt Taylor from Portsmouth.

Comolli has questioned some of Jol's methods, tactics and team selection. That has been passed on to Levy, who has found it increasingly difficult to communicate with his manager.

Jol knew he would go into the new campaign under the spotlight, given the enhanced expectations at Tottenham, who have finished fifth in each of the last two years.

But the season got off to a disastrous start with defeats by Sunderland and Everton. Questions are still being asked despite yesterday's 4-0 win over Derby.

On Friday, Coral bookmakers suspended betting on him being the first Premier League boss to be sacked after "suspect" moves in the market.

Jol will point to a crippling injury list, having lost Ledley King, Aaron Lennon, Gareth Bale, Michael Dawson, Younes Kaboul, Teemu Tainio, Dimitar Berbatov and Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

He had crisis talks with Levy at the end of last week but the pair are set to have another showdown this week.

Most of it is pretty accurate.  Jol did have a lot of high hopes that were never really going to be achievable, Robben or Nani for the LW, although we got closer to Nani than I would have thought.  The fact remains that Jol wanted one of those 2 and got the arsehole because he didn't get either.

Having just seen Marca's video and photos, no doubt that John Alexander (Company Secretary) and Mike Ashley's best mate Paul Kemsley (Deputy Chairman) were there.

Of course they might have decided to go to Madrid for a couple of San Miguels....................

Guest firetotheworks

Its good to see that the kneejerk doesnt happen just in Newcastle. Fabricating that there have been crisis talks with Jol after 2 games is laughable considering what he's turned that team into. Its a shame that it happens, but at least it doesnt happen just up here.

Why would Ramos leave Sevilla for Spurs?

Wants to come to the Premiership, was lined up to replace Jol if he had opted to join Ajax.  Would be earning significantly more than at Sevilla (no salary caps for coaches) but would be giving up CL for aspirations to get into the CL.  The indications are he would be willing to pick up the baton.  Spurs fans are extremely divided on whether they want to see Ramos come in.  It's not clear cut like saying 'the manager's crap, let's get rid'.

Wants to come to the Premiership, was lined up to replace Jol if he had opted to join Ajax.  Would be earning significantly more than at Sevilla (no salary caps for coaches) but would be giving up CL for aspirations to get into the CL. The indications are he would be willing to pick up the baton.  Spurs fans are extremely divided on whether they want to see Ramos come in.  It's not clear cut like saying 'the manager's crap, let's get rid'.

You his agent like?

Wants to come to the Premiership, was lined up to replace Jol if he had opted to join Ajax.  Would be earning significantly more than at Sevilla (no salary caps for coaches) but would be giving up CL for aspirations to get into the CL. The indications are he would be willing to pick up the baton.  Spurs fans are extremely divided on whether they want to see Ramos come in.  It's not clear cut like saying 'the manager's crap, let's get rid'.

You his agent like?

I'm not bothered whether Jol goes or not or whether Ramos comes or not.

Sure there is unrest behind the scenes but only the board really know how much and how easily it can be resolved.  I'd trust Levy to do what is best for the club (and his ownership share) so I'll accept whatever he opts to do.  It's not as though I could do anything about it with my 100 shares!!