Paul Gilder - local journalist with brain - shock read!

TRon

Guest makeyourself

have to agree, when i was asked about the match, the simple answer was 'we would have lost it last season'.

We won 3-1 last season

have to agree, when i was asked about the match, the simple answer was 'we would have lost it last season'.

We won 3-1 last season

Are you just pointing that out needlessly or do you think there is a some significance in that single result?

I thought we defended well as a team last year too, the wingers dropped back to help the fullbacks and the midfield dropped in to help the CB's, our problem was we conceded stupid goals because of individual errors made by players who were not good enough, which is why our defence was a laughing stock.

We were solid enough Saturday because we played 3 holding midfielders, the problem with that is we created nothing.

It's up to Allardyce to find the balance.

I thought we defended well as a team last year too, the wingers dropped back to help the fullbacks and the midfield dropped in to help the CB's, our problem was we conceded stupid goals because of individual errors made by players who were not good enough, which is why our defence was a laughing stock.

We were solid enough Saturday because we played 3 holding midfielders, the problem with that is we created nothing.

It's up to Allardyce to find the balance.

We might have defended well in theory, but when you build a team of 5ft tiddlers, there's always the chance you'll get spanked by 5 by a bunch of Championship bruisers in the cup. The squad that Glen built wasn't the best thought out in reality.

I think is the sort of game we would of drew 0-0 with last year. It wasn't so much the mid to top teams we had problem with it was mainly the bottom clubs. We tried to battle the shit teams & got sucked into scraping with them, when we should been going out there to dominate with good passing.