Darren Fletcher in Toon link

Thespence

boys, i type like crap on here because i dont need to prove my general english skills to you, its a chilled out environment where i assume we type as we speak. I mean for fuk sake, im at law school training in sports law to be a football agent (if you dont believe me ask pokerprince on this forum, he will lso back up me knowin the footballers)

And yes they do get paid twice a year to avoid tax, and also because a club cant afford to pay out 3mil a week and surive throughout the year. It helps them in many ways. Its a fact, dont care if you wnt to believe it, but its the way that it works.

Absolute bollocks.

You say footballers pay for their cars on finance, does that mean they don't actually have this huge sum of cash they have been paid for half the year and are actually living on nothing for 6 months until they get paid? :lol:

I will be the first to admit I am not the brightest but if you are in law school with post like that I might run for Chancellor of the Exchequer :lol:

Guest DazzaNufc1892

they live off pure credit. Companies like american express are more than happy to offer deals because they know its covered

Guest cybermansrevenge

boys, i type like crap on here because i dont need to prove my general english skills to you, its a chilled out environment where i assume we type as we speak. I mean for fuk sake, im at law school training in sports law to be a football agent (if you dont believe me ask pokerprince on this forum, he will lso back up me knowin the footballers)

And yes they do get paid twice a year to avoid tax, and also because a club cant afford to pay out 3mil a week and surive throughout the year. It helps them in many ways. Its a fact, dont care if you wnt to believe it, but its the way that it works.

Absolute bollocks.

You say footballers pay for their cars on finance, does that mean they don't actually have this huge sum of cash they have been paid for half the year and are actually living on nothing for 6 months until they get paid? :lol:

I will be the first to admit I am not the brightest but if you are in law school with post like that I might run for Chancellor of the Exchequer :lol:

I've no idea if Dazzanufc1892 has any "inside knowledge" but "top" footballers payments are far from a monthly payment direct to their Barclays bank account. The Ray Parlour divorce brought Arsenals dubious deals out into the open, all foriegn bank accounts, shell companies and the players paying very little tax as they all claimed to have no UK earnings and massive debts.

they live off pure credit. Companies like american express are more than happy to offer deals because they know its covered

So say a player gets paid £500,000 every 6 months but he still lives entirely off credit?

I don't even know why I am going into this, we have quite a few premiership footballers (clients) at work and its fairly obvious this is bollocks.

Absolute bollocks.

Sorry GJ, not directly replying to you but mainly to the post above...

Its true that (at least in the case of Man Utd - cant say for any other club) that players get paid twice a year. BUT, its not a tax saving thing, otherwise everybody in the country would do it.

If you get paid £120k it doesn't matter if you get £10k a month or £100k once a year, you pay the same tax on it.

Also, again I can only talk for Bentley here but no footballer has a Bentley on finance, its all standard 30 day credit terms after delivery.

And as a law student Dazza should be well aware that the ways things are written (in what ever environment) can be important

Guest DazzaNufc1892

it is all on finance, the club have there own providers of cars, hence why fletcher bought his mum a new merc at the end of the season with his bonus, and the club did it for him