Our competition for Europe

ChrisJbarnes
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

you could say that 4th spot and the european places are being gunned for by us, and other teams. who would you all say are the people most likely to get in our way for a european place? i would say spurs and everton like everyonne else, but i also think blackburn are underrated. villa and man city also, and perhaps pompey? what do you think? what will the top half finish like?

chelsea, man u, liverpool, spurs, arsenal, newcastle, everton, blackburn, villa, man city is my guess.

discuss.

also put in a poll just wondering what the general opinion is now the season has started and window almost over

I think one of the Top 4 will win both cups again leaving 2 extra UEFA places in the league:

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

Arsenal

________

Everton

Man City

Blackburn

________

Us/Spurs/Portsmouth/Villa (plus or minus a team or 2 suprising everyone) fighting for the Intertoto place :laugh2: but I reckon we'll end up 9th, still in dire need of a quality RB and AM, while also cover for LB & a pacy winger that can play either side (we're fooked if Milner AND N'Zogbia are injured).

I think one of the Top 4 will win both cups again leaving 2 extra UEFA places in the league:

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

Arsenal

________

Everton

Man City

Blackburn

________

Us/Spurs/Portsmouth/Villa (plus or minus a team or 2 suprising everyone) fighting for the Intertoto place :laugh2:

u reckon spurs lower then?

Chelsea

Man Utd

Liverpool

Arsenal

________

Everton

Man City

Blackburn

________

Us/Spurs/Portsmouth/Villa (plus or minus a team or 2 suprising everyone) fighting for the Intertoto place :laugh2: but I reckon we'll end up 9th, still in dire need of a quality RB and AM, while also cover for LB & a pacy winger that can play either side (we're fooked if Milner AND N'Zogbia are injured).

Hang on I forgot about the Duffster  bluelaugh.gif

U reckon spurs lower then?

Same as last season I don't see them picking up enough wins and points away from home, plus they lack a certain fight or heart when things aren't going right for them or when the game is tight (like most PL games...), a little bit similar to how we were under Robson with a big squad and lots of young players. Plus teams aren't scared of them at WHL, well apart from Derby now, who look the weakest team from everyone I've seen in the league so far, although they'll pick up a few points when Barnes is back fit.

i think our season will go one of 2 ways.

Either the team will start punching at its potential weight and we finish 3rd.

OR things will not quite click and we finish 9th.  [theres ALOT of teams fighting for 6/7th slot]

I dont think there will be a middle road this season. IMO

i think our season will go one of 2 ways.

Either the team will start punching at its potential weight and we finish 3rd.

OR things will not quite click and we finish 9th. 

I dont think there will be a middle road this season. IMO

tend to agree, i'd say we'll be close to a european spot of some ilk come the end of the season or farting about just out of reach like last season, blowing every good chance we get....

if we start well this season then i reckon we're laughing 'cause as the season progresses and allardyce's methods become the norm we'll improve rather than get worse....problem is if we have another bad start (over say 8-10 games) like usual all we'll be doing is trying to get to where we should have been

a win today would go LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to sorting our season out like

for what it's worth i think people should be keeping an eye on liverpool for the title this year, if they're careful they're gonna be challenging for once...bout time really from their point of view, and a strong liverpool can only be good for the title procession that has become the EPL