Tottenham's version of N-O's "Buying from our Premiership rivals"

Rich

Not that much between Lennon and N'Zogbia on their day but Lennon is the better player overall, mainly because Zog wasted the whole of last season which should have been a big year for him.

Agree with them being close in ability but I'd take N'zogbia over Lennon every day, has more to his game than Lennon does.

Last season was indeed a shitter for the Zog's development though.

I take it you don't honestly believe their talent is anywhere near as different as Fab and "THUD"   O0

I said nearly as embarrassing which it is although the gap isn't as far as it is between those two, it's still a pretty big gap though.

Perhaps I should have said as embarrassing as the vote on here where people said Milner was better than Bentley.

Guest Triglett

How else are you supposed to get away from the stereotype of 'he's all about pace' if you don't look at his end product?

In 34 starts (+ 6 subs), Lennon either scored or assisted a goal 18 times. That's a direct contribution to a goal every other game. If you want his PL stats, 3 goals and 8 assists in 22 starts (4 subs).

He's turned 20 in April, and he played his entire second season on the opposite flank  :undecided:

How else are you supposed to get away from the stereotype of 'he's all about pace' if you don't look at his end product?

In 34 starts (+ 6 subs), Lennon either scored or assisted a goal 18 times. That's a direct contribution to a goal every other game. If you want his PL stats, 3 goals and 8 assists in 22 starts (4 subs).

He's turned 20 in April, and he played his entire second season on the opposite flank  :undecided:

Because stats can be a) misleading and b) wrong.

For example you say he has 3 goals in 22 starts, where as wiki has him down as 5 goals in 53 league starts and 5 sub apperances

Guest kingdawson

For example you say he has 3 goals in 22 starts, where as wiki has him down as 5 goals in 53 league starts and 5 sub apperances

Yes but that dosent prove that Triglett's stats are wrong does it?

Where did I say they was?  ???

Oh, and I highlighted the key word.

Guest Triglett

My stats are only last season's, and I think they proved my point. Could you honestly look at that and think all he does is run?

Guest kingdawson

You didnt but there was no other reason to bring it up.

Lennon is significantly better than Milner, as a wide player anyway.

Milner will never be a top player, Lennon might if he gets his act together. I'd take N'Zogbia over them both though, think he's got the lot. Just needs time to develop, as Baggio said last year set him back a full year. :(

There clearly was, I was pointing out that stats can be wrong and gave an example of a diffrent set of stats to those Trigglet had stated, surley one of them has to be wrong (if not both)? Indeed they do.

Also add to the fact that most people hardly ever state their sauce when quoting stats.

Edit: I was referring to stats being misleading, not wrong. Trigglets stats are correct.

Guest optimistic nit

There clearly was, I was pointing out that stats can be wrong and gave an example of a diffrent set of stats to those Trigglet had stated, surley one of them has to be wrong (if not both)? Indeed they do.

Also add to the fact that most people hardly ever state their sauce when quoting stats.

why cant both be correct?

Guest optimistic nit

why cant both be correct?

:lol: They can be.

"surley one of them has to be wrong (if not both)? Indeed they do"

Irrespective of the stats, I think Lennon's development stalled in a way not dissimilar to N'Zogbia's, but not by the same degree.  After the hype of getting included in the WC squad, he never really pushed on last season as might have been expected.  Whether it was playing too much on the left, the opposition working out how to deal with him or simply having too much of a good time in the club scene, the fact is he wasn't as good at the end of the season as might have been expected.

This season will be big for both Lennon and N'Zogbia imo.