"Shepherd was not a good chairman" - Sibierski

JH

And, by the way, dishing the dirt is dishing the dirt in whatever language you choose to call it, and whoever you dished it to.

He didn't deny he "dished the dirt". As he says above, it was Shepherd not NUFC that this "dirt" focussed on.

Mel

Ironic that mandiarse is being defended in his dishing the dirt on the club by making out it was aimed toward an individual when the wum himself can't admit that negative comments made by Bellamy about the club were really a swipe at how Souness was managing the club.

I said this ages ago.

absolutely mate.

Real reason though was, he - like lots of geordie players and managers - weren't interested, because we really were a sack of s*** of a club, from top to bottom.

The same reason why 3 locally born England players, 2 of which were dyed in the wool Newcastle supporters,  left the club too.

Unfortunately, foolish people who say they were there at the time, refuse to acknowledge this.

He turned us down when we were 2nd in the Premiership, were we shit then?

Didn't even consider us when we really needed even a half decent manager, at the peak of his playing and managerial career is what sniffer said, I think.

Not like you to ignore what doesn't suit you though is it ?

;D

Maybe, as you've decided to jump in, you could tell the younger lads precisely what I meant when I talked about Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle all leaving the club ?

Give him time to work out why you've brought the Middle East into it...... :laugh:

Didn't even consider us when we really needed even a half decent manager, at the peak of his playing and managerial career is what sniffer said, I think.

;D

Maybe, as you've decided to jump in, you could tell the younger lads precisely what I meant when I talked about Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle all leaving the club ?

Has Bobby Robson ever broke a contract?  It doesn't matter when offers came, as far as I'm aware he's never left a club while under contract, at least not by choice.

Is that correct or not?

;D

Has Bobby Robson ever broke a contract?  It doesn't matter when offers came, as far as I'm aware he's never left a club while under contract, at least not by choice.

Is that correct or not?

So you think that Ipswich is a better club and a bigger club, for a Geordie manager, that stayed there for the thick end of 2 decades, and his contract never came up for renewal, and the NUFC job was never vacant ????????  mackems.gif mackems.gif

Priceless, even for you. [Actually, it was at the time, which says everything really, but I don't expect you to acknowledge that]

Now. Maybe, as you've decided to jump in, you could tell the younger lads precisely what I meant when I talked about Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle all leaving the club ? 2nd attempt. Or rather about the 200th, as you have never answered it previously, in your desperation not to concede the old board have left a club light years superior to the one they found.

So you think that Ipswich is a better club and a bigger club, for a Geordie manager, that stayed there for the thick end of 2 decades, and his contract never came up for renewal, and the NUFC job was never vacant ????????  mackems.gif mackems.gif

Priceless, even for you.

Now. Maybe, as you've decided to jump in, you could tell the younger lads precisely what I meant when I talked about Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle all leaving the club ? 2nd attempt. Or rather about the 200th, as you have never answered it previously, in your desperation not to concede the old board have left a club light years superior to the one they found.

When did we offer Robson the job when he was out of contract?  Also, do I have to bump the question about Robson having spent so much or are you busy typing the answer?

How much more money do you think the board should have gave Bobby Robson ?

What was the net spend for Sir Bobby and how did it compare to the net spend of Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce?

Bump.

Priceless, even for you.

When did we offer Robson the job when he was out of contract?  Also, do I have to bump the question about Robson having spent so much or are you busy typing the answer?

bump whatever you like, in your desperation not to concede the club is light years better than it was in the 1970's and 1980's.

Are you going to tell everyone what I meant when I mentioned Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle leaving the club, and tell them why, don't you think it says everything when 3 locally born England players, 2 of them NUFC fans through and through, made career moves to other clubs ?

I think you should answer sniffer, to be honest, as well.

What was the net spend for Sir Bobby and how did it compare to the net spend of Dalglish, Gullit, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce?

Bump.

I've no idea, and I'm not really bothered because they backed all of them, but I bet it was one of the highest in the country, instead of the highest sales ie as in the board who ran the club in the 1970's and 1980's that you think was "just the same"

bump whatever you like, in your desperation not to concede the club is light years better than it was in the 1970's and 1980's.

Are you going to tell everyone what I meant when I mentioned Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle leaving the club, and tell them why, don't you think it says everything when 3 locally born England players, 2 of them NUFC fans through and through, made career moves to other clubs ?

The club is light years better than it was in the 70's and 80's, I've never said that it wasn't.

You mentioned Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle as a way of deflecting attention away from another of your stupid statements, what have they got to do with this thread?

Anyway, does net spend and Sir Bobby ring any bells?

I posted the net spend for Robson and Gullit yesterday, so it's somewhere around. Robson spent a bloody shedload of cash.

Allardyce doesn't have a completed net spend for this comparison because believe it or not, he's the current manager of the club and you can only say "Allardyce spent 'x' during his time as manager" when he is no longer the manager.

Bump.

I've no idea, and I'm not really bothered because they backed all of them, but I bet it was one of the highest in the country, instead of the highest sales ie as in the board who ran the club in the 1970's and 1980's that you think was "just the same"

You've got no idea yet you use it.   :lol:

The manager that you bang on about giving us our best three finishes since the year dot was backed with the least amount of cash while I doubt anybody could argue that he must have brought more into this club than any other manager considering our league positions and record CL finish.  Silly me, it wasn't Robson who was responsible for that, it was the chairman.  bluelaugh.gif

Bump.

You've got no idea yet you use it.   :lol:

The manager that you bang on about giving us our best three finishes since the year dot was backed with the least amount of cash while I doubt anybody could argue that he must have brought more into this club than any other manager considering our league positions and record CL finish.  Silly me, it wasn't Robson who was responsible for that, it was the chairman.   bluelaugh.gif

the previous post says these figures were posted yesterday. As i said, I haven't seen them and can't be arsed to look or work it out, I'm happy enough with the backing he got, he himself hasn't complained about financial backing over the years he was at the club.

Why are you avoiding the rest of my posts and comments about our trophy players being sold in the 1970's and 1980's

:kasper:

The club is light years better than it was in the 70's and 80's, I've never said that it wasn't.

You mentioned Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle as a way of deflecting attention away from another of your stupid statements , what have they got to do with this thread?

Anyway, does net spend and Sir Bobby ring any bells?

what statement are you referring to ?

Do you mean me talking about why they left the club ? If you are, couldn't you tell us why you think they left the club ?

is this you ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ceToY2ZbeH4

I posted the net spend for Robson and Gullit yesterday, so it's somewhere around. Robson spent a bloody shedload of cash.

Allardyce doesn't have a completed net spend for this comparison because believe it or not, he's the current manager of the club and you can only say "Allardyce spent 'x' during his time as manager" when he is no longer the manager.

The net spend for Sir Bobby was less than £6 million per year.  Dalglish has a net spend of almost £16m per year, Gullit was £7.6m

per year, Souness was £30.9m and Roeder was £7.64m, all figures are per year, obviously Bobby spent more than the others but he had the job longer.

the previous post says these figures were posted yesterday. As i said, I haven't seen them and can't be arsed to look or work it out, I'm happy enough with the backing he got, he himself hasn't complained about financial backing over the years he was at the club.

Why are you avoiding the rest of my posts and comments about our trophy players being sold in the 1970's and 1980's

Trophy players, you'll have to define that.

The net spend for Sir Bobby was less than £6 million per year.  Dalglish has a net spend of almost £16m per year, Gullit was £7.6m

per year, Souness was £30.9m and Roeder was £7.64m, all figures are per year, obviously Bobby spent more than the others but he had the job longer.

Is all you really had to say, because that bit is the important bit.

It doesn't matter how much per year because different amounts of transfer funds will be available at different moments in time due to various and quite normal circumstances. I could break this down into half yearly and it could look entirely different but there would be no point even if it supports my point of view. It's called "spinning" these days and I don't know why you do it. Fact is, Robson was backed well enough to have done better but he didn't do it. No manager gets every signing spot on so I would never condemn the man, but he made a lot of dross signings that were a bloody waste of money, that's for sure. He was backed otherwise he would never have lifted us from shite to top 5 for 3 seasons.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44803.msg1001388#msg1001388

here is the post HTL mentioned.

As you seem to be obsessed with this, in order to make out that we had a shite board in comparison to whoever you feel you want to compare with, but why not go further. Go the whole way eh ?

You can post how much the following managers spent per year.

Ardiles, Smith, McFaul, Charlton, Cox, McGarry, Dinnis, Lee

Go the whole hog, I can't be bothered like. While you're at it, I'll refresh your memory that we are still waiting for your explanation for why Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle all wanted to leave the club.

You can also post how much all the other big city clubs generated and spent too, eg Sheff Wed, Wolves, Derby, Villa, Southampton, Portsmouth, Leeds, mackems, Sheff Utd, Birmingham, Everton, West Brom, Spurs in particular - before and after 1992.

Now, that REALLY would prove whatever point you are attempting to prove. As league positions clearly aren;t enough for you  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Trophy players, you'll have to define that.

I don't know, I thought that over the years under the old board we have signed a lot of quality players, but people like you and/or others who think we have had a shite board seem to think they are "trophy" players. I'm sure someone who uses the term more readily will tell you.

I distinctly remember us selling almost every quality player we had, when we had a shite board, but it doesn't seem to happen these days so much. Perhaps you could prove otherwise ?

Guest Sniffer

Almost every quality player?

I'd say we sold every one of them if somebody came sniffing. To my knowledge, all the way back to Alan Suddick although that turned out to be a good deal for us.

NET SPEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS THIS PHASE SO VOGUE THIS SUMMER? Did people mention the net spend in the summer we signed Cort & Bassedas or the summer we signed Lee Bowyer?

My thoughts on Shep his heart was in the right place, his brains however........

Shepherd didn't think the club was preforming to the level he wanted at various points during his reign as he sacked or "mutually" got rid of people he/Halls employed as manager.

Almost every quality player?

I'd say we sold every one of them if somebody came sniffing. To my knowledge, all the way back to Alan Suddick although that turned out to be a good deal for us.

post edited mate.

Anyone know the net spend for the seasons 1904-05, 1906-07, 1908-09 & 1926-27?

I also think the Chairman for them seasons were the best the club ever had.

undoubtedly were mate.

You can't argue with results, unfortunately a canny few people think you can !!