Premier League Games Today.

Parky

Guest Knightrider

Pace is a good attribute to have but not the be all and end all, give me skill and technique over pace and no skill or technique any day of the week. I.e. Milner over a Dyer.

Why are you comparing Milner with Dyer ? Aren't we talking about wingers ? Then don't mention Dyer...Talk about SWP, Lennon, N'Zogbia, Christiano Ronaldo, Nani if you don't want to talk about Young and Penant which I think are better than Milner because he lacks speed and speed is one of the most important attributes of a winger...Skill and technique I agree are very important attributes too and you have to have them to have the complete winger and that is why I think Young has more of these three attributes (speed, skill and technique) than Milner does...

Milner and Dyer are neither wingers nor whatever anyone else thinks they are, they are two players who don't really have a role but are probably better suited to the flanks. Anyway, I included pace to show that it is no good on a player if that player doesn't have the skills and technique to go with it which Dyer doesn't in my opinion, where as at least Milner does and that's what I personally prefer over pace. Of course having the lot is better, but not many do. I'd have Young and SWP over Milner too, but I'm not going to say Milner is shite or no good just because he lacks pace, or can't be an effective winger, which he has shown he can. I believe his stats are better than Young's in terms of goals and assists.

Aye, the likes of Solano, Beckham, Pires, etc. were all s*** because they weren't very quick.

two of them were the best crossers of the ball i've seen in the premier league, ever.

But no good for SLK. He'd rather have the likes of Dyer or Des Hamilton out on the wing.

If you think Dyer was a winger then then I won't waste my time arguing with you because obviously you don't understand what a position of winger is...

he's not a winger, but he's been played (badly) there in the past. Hamilton, then. You preferred HIM to Milner?

SLK, do you think Milner is a good asset to Newcastle?

I do...I like Milner but it boils my piss when people are so blind just because they are NUFC players and think Milner is better than ever other young player in the same position on the field who play for other teams...

I also think one of Milner's cons is his lack of speed and that is bad for a winger not to have...

Aye, the likes of Solano, Beckham, Pires, etc. were all s*** because they weren't very quick.

two of them were the best crossers of the ball i've seen in the premier league, ever.

But no good for SLK. He'd rather have the likes of Dyer or Des Hamilton out on the wing.

If you think Dyer was a winger then then I won't waste my time arguing with you because obviously you don't understand what a position of winger is...

he's not a winger, but he's been played (badly) there in the past. Hamilton, then. You preferred HIM to Milner?

Why are you so obsessed with Hamilton ? Who was talking ab out Hamilton anyway ? Does he even have the skill and the technique to be a winger ? Do you read other posts before you reply ?

Why are you so obsessed with Hamilton ? Who was talking ab out Hamilton anyway ? Does he even have the skill and the technique to be a winger ? Do you read other posts before you reply ?

What is more important in a winger - pace or ability? Because if you think Penant is a better winger than Milner, you haven't been watching either of them.

your words:I'm sorry but this time you are talking rubbish...Milner is good but not the same class as Young, SWP and even Penant and do you know why ? The same reason you think it is not important...SPEED and lots of it...

IF YOU ARE A WINGER YOU NEED SPEED...Even silly to discuss this...

SLK, do you think Milner is a good asset to Newcastle?

I do...I like Milner but it boils my piss when people are so blind just because they are NUFC players and think Milner is better than ever other young player in the same position on the field who play for other teams...

I also think one of Milner's cons is his lack of speed and that is bad for a winger not to have...

I agree Milner isn't "the best" young player around and i agree the reason is because he doesn't possess as much pace as Young, SWP etc etc. However, i believe that the fact Milner has made as  (at the very least) a good winger proves the fact that he is most definately as gifted as some of those.

What Milner doesn't give you in breathtaking pace he makes up for in productivity. At Villa he completed more crosses than any other prem player and last season for us he was one of the main reasons we didn't get relegated.

A team needs variety, we can look elsewhere for pace.