Ashley Spending, more than you think?

relámpago blanco

Although it looks on the face of it we have spent 26.5M or 14M Net how much have we actually spent on transfers including wages compared to other clubs.  Smith, Viduka, Geremi, Cacapa, Beye, Barton and Faye will all be on hefty wages.  Although it doesn'treally matter is our net spend incuding transfers more than most?  I would say so even with dyer leaving.

At  guess I'd say they are on the following per week.

Viduka-60K min - total contract-6.2M

Cacapa-60K-6.2M

Smith-50K-13M

Geremi- hard to say but I bet its a fair few quid-50K - 7.8m

Barton-50K - 13M

Beye-50K based on his comments.  7.8M

Rozy- 40K - 8.3m.

Faye-40K-6.2M

Enrique-30K-6.2M

74.7M total contract value not including bonus'

Out

Dyer-80K

Parker-50K

Bramble 25K

Moore-30K

Bernard-10K

Sibs-10K

Nobby-40K

If you compare that with most you'll find we exceed them in total outlay.  I think this goes to show Ashley has invested heavily (especialy if you consider the 30M investment) and now we have our squad depth I think next summer we'll start bringing in the real quality we need to push for the top 4 in coming years ahead.

I know the wages will be paid over time an its not a masive initial outlay but nowadays its generally the same with transfers, in fee's being paid over a period of time.

I can see your point - but i don't know how anyone can make valid statements when they're guessing the wages of sixteen different players. It can't be done - we just don't know.

Exactly, plus you forgot Luque.

I can see your point - but i don't know how anyone can make valid statements when they're guessing the wages of sixteen different players. It can't be done - we just don't know.

True I'm not claiming o be accurate but we know theymust be on a few quid why else would alot of them turn down european football?

No way Faye, Roz, Beye or Cacapa are getting that much.

Beye definately will be read his comments.  Faye and Cacapa will as well as its their last major contracts.  Rozy I hav no idea but it was just a guess.

All I am trying to say is this season we spend most of the money on wages, building a squad and next season we will add a few but nonetheless, quality players.  I think its a valid point in terms of the development of the club - we obviously have a long term plan as opposed to a plan to appease the fans.

True I'm not claiming o be accurate but we know theymust be on a few quid why else would alot of them turn down european football?

Because it's a better league?

Well, if we're being concerned about wages compared to other Premiership sides, then we need to quell fears. You know that the likes of West Ham, City and other formerly/currently mediocre mid-table teams are throwing rediculously large bundles of unwarranted dosh at players... why else would that calibre of player go to those teams?

Because it's a better league?

Possibly but if Beye's comments are anything to go by he joined us because

a. We gave him a package he couldn't refuse

b. One of his team mates got a long term injury and he wa worried for the future(financially) as his contract only ran until the summer.

Well, if we're being concerned about wages compared to other Premiership sides, then we need to quell fears. You know that the likes of West Ham, City and other formerly/currently mediocre mid-table teams are throwing rediculously large bundles of unwarranted dosh at players... why else would that calibre of player go to those teams?

I'm not concerned I am just saying we brought in alot of good players.  We we're building the depth.  Next year we'll add the quality.

I always thought Ashley spend a lot this summer with the whole take over and try to address the excess debt so it is not a small sum. Once he over see this season and how we progress under Big Sam he will spend more as well. We have to be realistic and Ashley spending so far is very sensieble.