NUFC missing a Right Winger

Guest SLK

Too many stupids think that if you aren't Linford Christie in terms of pace that you can't do a job on the wing.  It's not like Milner is a bloody snail FFS.  Dyer was practically a Zoggy of the right wing and he was s**** at the job of being a winger.

More like to many stupids who think that pace isn't important for a winger in the modern game, pointing to only Beckham and Solano as examples even though both were technically superior than Milner will ever be.

Pace is important, it's why the likes of Lennon and Young are in the England set up and Milner isn't anywhere near.

If we're going to play 4-4-2 then Milner is one of the first players we should be looking to improve on.

Beckham and Joe Cole are no good then?

Have another read of what I've said about Beckham, as for Joe Cole he isn't a winger anyway but he's alot faster than Milner and yes, he's technically superior than Milner will ever be too, he's an excellent footballer.

Joe Cole and Milner are very evenly matched pace wise, about as fast as each other. JC is a winger imo, he doesn't play in the center he plays on the left of a 442 or top left of a 433. Yes JC is definately a better player, one of the best in the world he's peaking at the moment he's 25!! Milner's 21 getting better and better all the time, give the lad a chance by god he's earn't it imo.

Who would you have us go out and buy then thats going to be so much better?............... Another Luque type?

Too many stupids think that if you aren't Linford Christie in terms of pace that you can't do a job on the wing.  It's not like Milner is a bloody snail FFS.  Dyer was practically a Zoggy of the right wing and he was s**** at the job of being a winger.

More like to many stupids who think that pace isn't important for a winger in the modern game, pointing to only Beckham and Solano as examples even though both were technically superior than Milner will ever be.

Pace is important, it's why the likes of Lennon and Young are in the England set up and Milner isn't anywhere near.

If we're going to play 4-4-2 then Milner is one of the first players we should be looking to improve on.

Have another read of what I've said about Beckham, as for Joe Cole he isn't a winger anyway but he's alot faster than Milner and yes, he's technically superior than Milner will ever be too, he's an excellent footballer.

Joe Cole and Milner are very evenly matched pace wise, about as fast as each other. JC is a winger imo, he doesn't play in the center he plays on the left of a 442 or top left of a 433. Yes JC is definately a better player, one of the best in the world he's peaking at the moment he's 25!! Milner's 21 getting better and better all the time, give the lad a chance by god he's earn't it imo.

Who would you have us go out and buy then thats going to be so much better?............... Another Luque type?

Another Luque type? Now you're just being silly.

Joe Cole plays on the left for England because they don't really have anyone else, he also plays as one of the attacking strikers for Chelsea because (a) they already have plenty of midfielders and (b) his pace and ability on the ball means he can beat his man and pull away from him, Milner can't do this because he's not as quick.

Ideally Cole would be used as a playmaker in midfield which was his position as a youngster.

Guest clarkyshan

james milner is a class act fact. anyboby who seen him last season would think so too.  milner is as quick as you get as quick as cole anyway behind skill wise like.

Guest clarkyshan

Joe Cole plays on the left for England because they don't really have anyone else, he also plays as one of the attacking strikers for Chelsea because (a) they already have plenty of midfielders and (b) his pace and ability on the ball means he can beat his man and pull away from him, Milner can't do this because he's not as quick.

Ideally Cole would be used as a playmaker in midfield which was his position as a youngster.

milner can't beat his man? is it april?

Another one that has trouble reading, have another go.

I don't need to give him a another crack at right wing to see what he's about, he was one of our best players last season but that's down to everyone else being s**** than Milner being some sort of awsome player, Butt was one of our best players too yet we've already gone about replacing him with a better player in Faye.

He's your typical mid table winger and if we want to improve we should be looking at bringing in better than him, and it'll take more than the odd spectacular goal that gets his fan boys creaming in their pants to make me think differently.

Milner is a good player.  Come back to me at the end of the season and tell me you would replace him.

Just out of curiosity, who would you replace him with in January?, if you were SA and you had a bit of cash to spend.

Come back and tell you at the end of the season? :lol:

SWP is a realistic target who is not only the better individual but also offers far more to the team than Milner.

I agree with you that SWP is a cracking player and would love to have him here as i'm sure Sam would too. Unfortunately he's been Chelski's best player this season up till now and Jose has been singing his praises. So i doubt he's going anywhere soon............. IF (big IF) he did... Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool etc etc could also be very interested so its very very doubtfull to say the least although a very good idea.

how often does milner get to the byline, or is our main carrier of the ball during a counter attack?

How often does Milner take up good positions in the box?

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four?

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does?

How often does he stretch games?

etc.

Guest clarkyshan

Another one that has trouble reading, have another g

Another one that has trouble reading, have another go.

milner is as quick as cole easily

Guest clarkyshan

how often does milner get to the byline, or is our main carrier of the ball during a counter attack?

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four?

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does?

etc.

loads basically his game! n'zogbia was woeful last season. never got to the byline and played too central.

etc.

loads basically his game! n'zogbia was woeful last season. never got to the byline and played too central.

We've all established why N'Zogbia was poor last season, poor man management from Roeder being the main problem.

He has far more potential than Milner does, it's not even close tbh.

seriously... i dont understand why some people are picking on milner... and taylor as well....

maybe theyr not class acts yet... but still.. he is a good player. and he dont have major flaws such as the titus.....

milner might have crosses going to mars.. but look at his improvement the last two years?... can only get better....

same for taylor... who was just a talent a couple of years ago... made himself a sturdy defender (yes you heard me) and he is also improving a lot for each game!

maybe we need another winger... maybe another CB in cover... but i say we trust our talents and try to make them progress in the best manner... by playing!!

as for another winger for competition, cheap right winger with lots of pace to get some difference in the squad would help....

We don't necessarily need a right winger at all, what we need is a good balance and organisation across the team. There's no reason why we can't use a "winger" on the left such as Zog or Duff and not use a traditional winger on the right. Alternatively, Duff could play on the right.

It's interesting that people are on about wingers here because in the traditional sense we can definitely improve on Milner if that's the type of player people want to see. As a right sided midfield player I think Milner will be ok as a squad man.

etc.

We've all established why N'Zogbia was poor last season, poor man management from Roeder being the main problem.

He has far more potential than Milner does, it's not even close tbh.

Its very close imo

Milner was our best player last season. Zoggy has probably been our best player this season so far, brilliant start from the Zog. But they are very evenly matched at the moment, two very good players who are improving all the time and are yet to reach their peak.

Milners two footedness makes him especially difficult to deal with as he can cross with either foot keeping defenders guessing.

Its clear you think he's very average but i dissagree and unless someone exceptional comes along (i can't think realistically of anyone better who w'd actually get i.e. Joe Cole/SWP/ or to a lesser extent Lennon very unlikely) i'd stick with him. 

Guest clarkyshan

has he oh sorry.

i just thought he might be jumping on the n'zogbia band wagon. i have nothing against him btw.

i just can't see how some playin well for 4 games has got more potential than someone who was wor best player for fifty odd games last season.

i will get one's eyes tested!

Hes twenty fookin one man, he is till learning the game and improving all the time.  I knew this would happen, all the loonies picking on individual players.  The season is only 6 games old. 

If Milner doesn't beat 6 players, take it to the by line and whip a ball to the back post 10 times a match he is not good enough.

GET HIM OUT OF NEWCASTLE UNITED NOW,HE IS SHIT.

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four? Quite often

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does? Quite often

etc.

Imo. And the top one, well that just ain't his game - he hugs the touchline. Call me cynical and presumptuous, but you're bound to point that out as a flaw, given that you admire Robert so much (that's the presumptuous bit...). (?)

You make some decent points but i do still think you're overly harsh on the guy. He's a very consistent performer for us. I've, very rarely, pondered if he goes into the Scott Parker category*, but i just don't think he does. He does a lot more for us in a match than Parker ever did, from his respective position.

* This being: he appears to be one of the best players in the team on the face of it, when infact we'd actually perform better without him. Shola is one of these players aswell.

It's not about being on the N'Zogbia band wagon at all or how well he's performed in the first four games of the season, it's about what attributes he has compared to Milner and IMO he's a far better prospect with far better attributes in his locker.

Hes twenty fookin one man, he is till learning the game and improving all the time.   I knew this would happen, all the loonies picking on individual players.  The season is only 6 games old. 

If Milner doesn't beat 6 players, take it to the by line and whip a ball to the back post 10 times a match he is not good enough.

GET HIM OUT OF NEWCASTLE UNITED NOW,HE IS SHIT.

Oh dear, another fan boy with his knickers in a twist.

Nobody has said get him out, they're simply saying if we want to improve then we should look to bring in better, the same as we've done with Steven "The next John Terry" Taylor.

I suppose someone in the Newcastle team has to be the scapegoat now that the rest have been peddled.

Yeah lets go and get rid of good prospect.

Seriously tho, we have N'Zogbia and Milner as left and right wingers.  We have balance for the next 5 years.  All we need is cover for RW.

I suppose someone in the Newcastle team has to be the scapegoat now that the rest have been peddled.

Yeah lets go and get rid of good prospect.

Seriously tho, we have N'Zogbia and Milner as left and right wingers.  We have balance for the next 5 years.  All we need is cover for RW.

:rolleyes: Who, in fuck's name, is actually saying that?

How often does Milner show variety in his crossing and whip it in behind the back four? Quite often

How often does Milner beat his man, get away from him and draw other defenders out of position like N'Zogbia does? Quite often

etc.

Imo. And the top one, well that just ain't his game - he hugs the touchline. Call me cynical and presumptuous, but you're bound to point that out as a flaw, given that you admire Robert so much (that's the presumptuous bit...). (?)

Can you give me some examples of when he's whipped good balls in behind the back four? If you look at N'Zogbia's time on the wing he done it quite alot, Owen scored from a few of them and it's the sort of cross wingers need to put in.

Milner on the other hand gets the ball, beats his man, beats him again because he's too slow to run away from him and goes for the high ball into the box, the problem with that is while he's be fannying around out on the touchline the opposition have had time to pack the penalty box out.