Set Pieces

Minhosa

I think we could sign that Juninho from Lyon and he'd soon turn into Amady Faye from a dead ball. God knows what it is about us.

Too f****** true Wullie ... but I think that the solution is obvious lads - we need to think laterally. You know, all that "if you can't bring Mohammad to the mountain, bring the mountain to Mohammad" stuff. Therefore, from the likes of a corner, instead of opting for the apparently futile path of trying to improve the quality of our delivery, we should simply place six or so of our players in front of their first man. Now, I know what you're thinking - "but they'll simply call our bluff and put their first man in front of our six". But here's the clever part - we just stick to our strategy, and then eventually our six men will be within ten yards of the kick taker, at which point the laws of the game will prevent our opponents from getting their first man closer to the ball than us. At that point, one of our six players simply needs to get a thirty yard flick-on, and wor Mickey will no doubt do the rest!         

;D

To be fair if we put Roz on the front post (challenging their defender) it would improve our set pieces immeasurably.