Rafa tells Big Sam to butt out

Thespence

Big Sam's comments aside, I noticed that Benitez was the only Premier manager who was ungracious enough to even acknowledge Mourinho's exit from the Prem. Never realised he was this bitchy but for some reason I now feel they are there for the beating.

I am liverpool fan btw.

I think Benitez was being truthful here. He did not want to be seen as a hypocrite after his relationship with Jose.This was what he said

"You know my relationship with him, it is better that I do not say anything.At the moment I am more worried about Birmingham boss Steve Bruce."

I honestly dont see anything wrong with that. To be fair I think the media coverage has been a bit over the top with the spokesman for the Prime Minister reading a statement. What the hell was that. He was a great manager , agreed. It is not like he died or anything.  He is gonna walk into one of the top jobs in Europe in a years time.

As for Sam and Rafa, they have a bit of a tiff going on from the Bolton days. This is just a continuation of that.

Danny B ... I wish you would not resort to name calling. We are guest here and behave the same way.

Good post.  But I'd say that the media coverage has been a little more than 'a bit' over the top.  It's not like he's dead or has been badly mistreated.  And I'm one of the people that was sorry to see him go.

:rolleyes:

:kasper:

I quite like Rafa - I even like his current "donut munching lieutenant from American cop series, circa 1978" look - and I can't help but agree, he came out well on top in this exchange.

However, seeing today's result, it looks like Liverpool's inconsistency remains, and he must surely be living on borrowed time if they end up as far from the top as they did last season.

Said it the first day of the season, against us (flukey, unjust free kick bought by Gerrard apart), they were much the better team for a 30-40 minute period, and if that had been Man United, they'd have taken us to the cleaners. Liverpool didn't, though, they had to rely on pure fluke to avoid dropping two points.

That's why they won't win the league.