Midfield slot for Emre?

TRon

the problem with emre is that he often makes an impact when coming back into the side but disappoints when given a run, maybe a new set up will bring (keep) the best out of him ?

He's cleaned his brain, maybe it'll be better this time.

the problem with emre is that he often makes an impact when coming back into the side but disappoints when given a run, maybe a new set up will bring (keep) the best out of him ?

:yikes:

His words, not mine. ;)

His words, not mine. ;)

i guess they don't have vim in istanbul

Has Emre had a run as the central attacking midfielder/playmaker at Newcastle? Because I don't see much use for him if he isn't getting that role.

If you want Emre to be on his best you need to give the boy confidence.

If he thinks he's appricated and feels he could do nothing wrong he plays fantastic.

I think that's his problem, still having the feeling that he always has to proove himself.

You see that also in the national team, although he plays some weak games for NUFC he playes mostly great for Turkey where

there is no discussion to his abbility's.

I hope he'll find his confidence and play great for NUFC seen they have an great team.

Guest jimmy1982

If he thinks he's appricated and feels he could do nothing wrong he plays fantastic.

I think that's his problem, still having the feeling that he always has to proove himself.

You see that also in the national team, although he plays some weak games for NUFC he playes mostly great for Turkey where

I hope he'll find his confidence and play great for NUFC seen they have an great team.

Good point, these things can make a massive difference to some players. If Sam wants to keep him then how he deals with Emre will be a big test of his much-vaunted 'man-management' skills.

toptoon still obviously on smack.

Love how Smith will get something out of Lescott because he's "a clever player who can hold the ball up well and bring others into play well" but Viduka won't, despite being a hundred times better at those things than Alan Smith. By the way, just so we're clear, last time Viduka played against Lescott, he scored the winner.

A couple of weeks ago, Shola was more creative and more profilic than Viduka, now it's Alan Smith too? Tip for you - don't say anything and you won't embarrass yourself.

Stop being a moody cretin and lying/making things up/over exagerating things again wullie i haven't ever said that Ameobi is more prolific (and certainly not profilic whatever that is) havei ?  Please point out to me where i have ever said he's more prolific (or profilic) ?    :idiot2:

+ last time Viduka played aginst Lescott it was 0-0 dec 26th 2006 so i don't quite know how you figured he scored, quite a feat considering the score line.  :laugh2:

I'm not a boo boy or unessesarily having a go at Viduka, as i hope he is amazing for us come sunday has another West ham type stormer, gets another couple of goals and rams my words back down my neck, i'd be delighted. I just find him very unmobile at times and if he's not getting any Joy against the very impresive Lescott i hope Sam at least tries Smith in his best position.

Wullie accept that people may sometimes have a different point of view to you, you don't need to be such a cnut about it.  :razz:

Tip for you - Don't open your mouth that way what can't speak can't lie.  O0

Viduka is a better but very different player to Smith. Both are better than Ameobi. Think Willie was talking about Oct 2006 when Viduka did score against an Everton side with Lescott in it. To be fair you have rated some complete planks in your time.

Such as?

Guest Alex20

I agree with Big Tron on the matter,  how many games has Emre played the DMC role ?

Too many. Very few where he actually got to play the AMC position on a steady base.

It used to make me pretty mad that souness and roeder would play him, the creative midfielder

as a DMC and Scot (the I can't pass a ball even wide open) parker as a more attacking midfielder.

It should have been vice versa the entire time.

I agree with Big Tron on the matter,  how many games has Emre played the DMC role ?

Too many. Very few where he actually got to play the AMC position on a steady base.

It used to make me pretty mad that souness and roeder would play him, the creative midfielder

as a DMC and Scot (the I can't pass a ball even wide open) parker as a more attacking midfielder.

It should have been vice versa the entire time.

That's my take on it as well. Emre usually got played too deep or out wide where he isn't fast enough. Where you would expect Emre to come alive is the final third of the pitch just like on Sunday where he can feed the strikers and do some damage himself around the penalty area.

Good point, these things can make a massive difference to some players. If Sam wants to keep him then how he deals with Emre will be a big test of his much-vaunted 'man-management' skills.

Emre had his best spell for NUFC last season when Scott Parker was out and Roeder was seen with an arm around Emre's shoulder I presume telling Emre he was "the man" and we were relying on him to produce. Emre seemed to thrive in this situation and produced his best form for us. Unfortunately it all went pear shaped for him when Parker returned to the side and Emre felt he was no longer "the man" and went back into his shell.

There's no doubt in my mind that Emre is a class act given the right circumstances, and it's another test of Sam's management ability trying to get the best out of Emre on a consistent basis. Sunday was a good start, Emre came onto the pitch full of confidence and wanted the ball to show what he could do. Let's hope he can build on it in the future.

Emre is an emotional player, this has good sides but also bad sides, if the emotions are used wright he can make a difference but in times of problems it creates more ploblems. He came from Milan a mediterain city to an English industrial city, he doesn't speak the language well and i think he has needed the time to adapt to England and Newcastle, i hope and think he had his time to adapt and that also gives convidenca to himself. He playes wel in the national team and i think he will perform better for NUFC aswell, if he play regular this will only increase his play for the good. If he  feels he's important this will ad to his feeling of responsibility whitch will pay of in the pitch.  He can make an difference i am sure of that. He has much fighting power that also will affect his teammates for the good.

I hope we are on a turning point whitch will show an better and motivated Emre for NUFC, he has to concentrate on football and nothing else.

With the great players NUFC has it's important to have an creative midfielder whitch can deliver the balls needed up front.

I believe he is an player that can do so. In good form he is an midfielder that is an plage for every opponent, he is difficult to play against.

Sorry for my poor English but i think you'll understand :razz:

Guest jimmy1982

Emre is an emotional player, this has good sides but also bad sides, if the emotions are used wright he can make a difference but in times of problems it creates more ploblems. He came from Milan a mediterain city to an English industrial city, he doesn't speak the language well and i think he has needed the time to adapt to England and Newcastle, i hope and think he had his time to adapt and that also gives convidenca to himself. He playes wel in the national team and i think he will perform better for NUFC aswell, if he play regular this will only increase his play for the good. If he  feels he's important this will ad to his feeling of responsibility whitch will pay of in the pitch.  He can make an difference i am sure of that. He has much fighting power that also will affect his teammates for the good.

I hope we are on a turning point whitch will show an better and motivated Emre for NUFC, he has to concentrate on football and nothing else.

With the great players NUFC has it's important to have an creative midfielder whitch can deliver the balls needed up front.

I believe he is an player that can do so. In good form he is an midfielder that is an plage for every opponent, he is difficult to play against.

Sorry for my poor English but i think you'll understand :razz:

Good points mate  :thup:

I don't hink anyone would argue that he has it in him to be a good player.

Time will tell whether he will ever have the oportunity and/or motivation to be a consistently good player for us. So far its been frustrating to say the least.

I think Emre's bad luck is that he's been injured at the same time as Barton. Now just when it looks like he might have got himself a place in midfield we get the international break and when we get back to club football Barton is going to be fit. As I don't think Allardyce is the type of manager to play them both, Emre might find it hard to nail down a first team place. I hope not because the way he was orchestrating the play against Everton when he came on, he would be a real asset if he could produce it more regularly.