reserves V citeh

madras

Half time 1 1 we've been poor, emre has sat very deep and linking up play, some nice passing in triangles with enrique. Barton has been ok, some good passes, you can tell he has been out for a while, Faye and edgar have been solid in the air but city have opened us up a few times on the break, it's f****** freezing

A proven Premiership player and our most promising young defender not a match for young Citeh players. Worrying sign.

Massive over reaction from a few lines about City opening us up on the break!!

Edgar was class, won everything in the air and solid in the tackle, good at reading the game and some very good interceptions. Faye is just a beast, won everything in the air and can head the ball a very long way, he often used is strength to get us out of dodgy situations. The fact we were opened up a few times by City on the break was more to do with Pattison and Emre in the middle being upfield and then our defence being overran by the City midfield. All in all it was a very good game and a decent performance, Pattison had a decent game in midfield, Lua Lua showed glimpses for amazing skill. Enrique looked solid at the back and very dangerous going forward when he did go forward. Emre had a decent game, as you would expect from someone of his quality at this level, he sat deep for most of the first half but got more involved in the second half, thought he was going to get himself sent off when he went marching over to start on one of the City kids who had just caught him with a late tackle after he had played a pass, thankfully Edgar jogged over and prevented him from doing anything stupid. Forster in net was class, he really has developed so much in the last year or so, his shot stopping today was top class, his kicking needs a lot of work but his distribution via his hands was very good, can throw the ball a very long way and he is quick to spot an opening, run to the edge of his box and get us going on counter attacks.

After the game I spoke to Lee Clark (miserable git), Faye (seemed so small when he looks massive on the pitch), Emre (flash git, had a leather wash bag with his own personalized silver plaque) and finally I had a few words in Spanish with Jose Enrique, just said told him I could speak a little bit of Spanish and that he played well, his response in Spanish was 'Thanks, I can't speak any English, sorry.'

Heard alot of good things about Lua Lua, on the skill/technique & pace issue that is.

IMO that sort of raw potential should be harnessed right now, and he should be blooded into the 1st team picture accordingly ie. a spot on the bench, an impact player to be used late in games. Wenger throws his athletic and 'technique blessed' youngsters into the mix early and on the majority of times it's payed off. Not only does this type of litmus test show if they've got the attributes required to cut it at a higher level than the reserves but it also gives them taste of the atmosphere which is to be experienced in the EPL. They'll strive to work harder to get there, or stay there. At the moment - ie. for talented kids like Lua Lua - there has to be a feeling of 'going nowhere fast' with regards to their careers here at SJP, all the while as managers continue for nearly a half decade to reserve spots in the First 16 for talentless wasters ala Ameobi.

Over the past few years, when i hear of a kid like Lua Lua still playing Reserve football, i've felt that we've been building a reserve team to win lower level cups as opposed to having a estuary which provides the first team with a healthy supply of 'up & comers' to be blooded when the occasion seemed fit ie. League Cup ties, and the sort of bench-role mentioned earlier.

I remember another African-born kid, possibly Congolese, playing for the reserves a few years ago, and this dates back to Robson's reign. This particular lad whose name has completely escaped me - i'll no doubt remember it when i'm sitting on the shitter at a later time - was an England U17 representative who eventually sought pastures anew in the second divison. I think he's playing league football somewhere in North Africa right now. At the time his then manager referred to his athleticism and technique with healthy praise, but also mentioned there was something missing in his psychogical make-up ie. a motivation problem. I can only guess that rotting in the reserves for 2-3 years, and not even getting a sniff at a league-cup appearance, before being cast-off will affect one's confidence and motivation. 

RE: Forster's throw-ins. Reminscent of Peter Schmeical, based on your assessment. Launching counterattacks on the wings, via the long angled throws, hasn't been seen much post-Schmeical.

Half time 1 1 we've been poor, emre has sat very deep and linking up play, some nice passing in triangles with enrique. Barton has been ok, some good passes, you can tell he has been out for a while, Faye and edgar have been solid in the air but city have opened us up a few times on the break, it's f****** freezing

A proven Premiership player and our most promising young defender not a match for young Citeh players. Worrying sign.

Massive over reaction from a few lines about City opening us up on the break!!

Edgar was class, won everything in the air and solid in the tackle, good at reading the game and some very good interceptions. Faye is just a beast, won everything in the air and can head the ball a very long way, he often used is strength to get us out of dodgy situations. The fact we were opened up a few times by City on the break was more to do with Pattison and Emre in the middle being upfield and then our defence being overran by the City midfield. All in all it was a very good game and a decent performance, Pattison had a decent game in midfield, Lua Lua showed glimpses for amazing skill. Enrique looked solid at the back and very dangerous going forward when he did go forward. Emre had a decent game, as you would expect from someone of his quality at this level, he sat deep for most of the first half but got more involved in the second half, thought he was going to get himself sent off when he went marching over to start on one of the City kids who had just caught him with a late tackle after he had played a pass, thankfully Edgar jogged over and prevented him from doing anything stupid. Forster in net was class, he really has developed so much in the last year or so, his shot stopping today was top class, his kicking needs a lot of work but his distribution via his hands was very good, can throw the ball a very long way and he is quick to spot an opening, run to the edge of his box and get us going on counter attacks.

After the game I spoke to Lee Clark (miserable git), Faye (seemed so small when he looks massive on the pitch), Emre (flash git, had a leather wash bag with his own personalized silver plaque) and finally I had a few words in Spanish with Jose Enrique, just said told him I could speak a little bit of Spanish and that he played well, his response in Spanish was 'Thanks, I can't speak any English, sorry.'

Heard alot of good things about Lua Lua, on the skill/technique & pace issue that is.

IMO that sort of raw potential should be harnessed right now, and he should be blooded into the 1st team picture accordingly ie. a spot on the bench, an impact player to be used late in games. Wenger throws his athletic and 'technique blessed' youngsters into the mix early and on the majority of times it's payed off. Not only does this type of litmus test show if they've got the attributes required to cut it at a higher level than the reserves but it also gives them taste of the atmosphere which is to be experienced in the EPL. They'll strive to work harder to get there, or stay there. At the moment - ie. for talented kids like Lua Lua - there has to be a feeling of 'going nowhere fast' with regards to their careers here at SJP, all the while as managers continue for nearly a half decade to reserve spots in the First 16 for talentless wasters ala Ameobi.

Over the past few years, when i hear of a kid like Lua Lua still playing Reserve football, i've felt that we've been building a reserve team to win lower level cups as opposed to having a estuary which provides the first team with a healthy supply of 'up & comers' to be blooded when the occasion seemed fit ie. League Cup ties, and the sort of bench-role mentioned earlier.

I remember another African-born kid, possibly Congolese, playing for the reserves a few years ago, and this dates back to Robson's reign. This particular lad whose name has completely escaped me - i'll no doubt remember it when i'm sitting on the shitter at a later time - was an England U17 representative who eventually sought pastures anew in the second divison. I think he's playing league football somewhere in North Africa right now. At the time his then manager referred to his athleticism and technique with healthy praise, but also mentioned there was something missing in his psychogical make-up ie. a motivation problem. I can only guess that rotting in the reserves for 2-3 years, and not even getting a sniff at a league-cup appearance, before being cast-off will affect one's confidence and motivation. 

RE: Forster's throw-ins. Reminscent of Peter Schmeical, based on your assessment. Launching counterattacks on the wings, via the long angled throws, hasn't been seen much post-Schmeical.

Not long off the shitter now. It was Richard Offiong.

Just got my mobile phone bill through, cost me almost a tenner to keep you lot updated. Will not be doing that again!

:lol:

What network are you on?

02, I'd already gone over my usage for the month and I hadn't realised!