Comparison of this season to others.

James

Overall the strength of the PL is spread much higher with mid-table clubs suddenly with more money.

You dont see Manchester United standing still and blaming poor league positions on other clubs becoming better.

Very soon, we will reach a convergence point where we will have played each team once. At that stage, if we are still behind our own inadequate performances from last season, we have to be worried.

People think S***  I belive the Ashley take over prompt we can have an abramovisque effect to our club but yet we are comparing ourselves with our pathetic last year performance. The club is asking us to provide a good suggestion all I want to tell them is to have a footballing person in the bored aka Kenyon who knows how the football market works then pursue high standard manager and players. Thats what high standard is for me but if they want to be a second tier team they can stick with Sam and over time we can be like Everton not spectacular but just above average.

I actually think that if Ashley could get what he believes is a better manager, then he just would anyway, since Allardyce isn't his appointment. If he could attract a world class manager then he just would without even firing Sam first. At the moment I don't think we can because it is seen as an impossible job, mid table club, but you never know Ashley might have a surprise then it won't matter what we think anyway.

What you say about having a football person on the board is true though. I think Mort mentioned he was going to get "more management in" whatever that means, but I think there is another thread somewhere about telling them what you want to suggest. It is a good point.

I was wondring instead of boo the manaager why can't we make more responsive suggestion at games thrugh banners and voice we can ask about DOF kinda person for the club. I really like the Hitzfeld idea and the whole campign the problem at that time was Shpered and his brothers weren't intersted to listein to the board but the new guys are open for new things it is just we are not comiing with new ideas.

Part of the problem is HTT didn't hink we need chnage at the momment he is the only one who can galvanized a champign and he thinks Sam is the best for us right so we are just following him.

I didn't ask for Hitzfeld I said we need similar kind of campaign to address all our issues and concerns.

OK, my mistake.

I wouldn't wait for HTT to start something though, as I dont think he has the same energy, motivation and persuasive powers he did have during the Hitzfeld campiagn.

I didn't ask for Hitzfeld I said we need similar kind of campaign to address all our issues and concerns.

OK, my mistake.

I wouldn't wait for HTT to start something though, as I dont think he has the same energy, motivation and persuasive powers he did have during the Hitzfeld campiagn.

Do you suggest any other person togive us some sort of leadership on this. I think it is really important to voice some new ideas and suggestive ideas with the new board.

Today, we are:

P13, W5, D3, L5, F19, A21, GD-2 = 18 points

After 13 games last season we were:

P13, W2, D4, L7, F8, A15, GD-7 = 10 points.

But comparing the 13 fixtures we've played this season to the results we got in those fixtures last season, which would create a league table of:

P13, W6, D4, L3, F18, A13, GD5 = 22 points

We have been doing worse in all departments apart from goalscoring, where we have scored a measly one goal more.

I get a different total to you: F 16 A 13 Pts 19

Sunderland = Reading

Birmingham = Sheff Utd

Derby = Watford

But the point still stands. We're not really doing better than last season at all.

• 6 months later...

Allardyce's 21 games vs identical 21 games under Roeder in 06/07:

Allardyce P21, GS=27, GA=33, Points=26

Roeder P21, GS=24, GA=20, Points=30

Keegan vs Roeder:

Keegan P16, GS=18, GA=26, Points=17

Roeder P16, GS=14, GA=25, Points=13

So in other words, Allardyce got beaten by his own benchmark of bettering the previous season's results, while Keegan helped a failing team do better than they had done the previous season with the games he had left.