Nicky Butt

Kev

Flamini's doing quite well at Arsenal and he's a pretty shit passer of the ball as well ;)

You must be watching his twin brother.  ;)

If you want to look at the modern DM you can't go far wrong with the likes of Mascherano, Alonso, Carrick, Barry (sometimes). There is a reason they have become as expensive as top tier strikers over the last decade, the role is now much more mulit-skilled. They often like Essien or Obi rotate and play the 3rd phase (final pass). This means when the AM is blocked they know when to take up positive space.

Butt is alright but we need someone else next year.

nb F is keeping Gilberto out cause he has more movement and a bigger engine. Flamini rotates better with Cesc whereas Gilberto is often much more holding.

Butt overall has always been poor for me, he has never had pace, unable to jump, provides little/no protection to the back four & because of the poor protection he has provied over the years centre backs/defence have taken the rap. I have saw Faye play DM twice & I can tell you now he is better DM than Butt. The one part of Butt's game I do like is when he get the ball he looks up & ping a pass out to the wide people.