Gilberto Silva

Mowen

Quite the long-shot I'll admit, but if we're looking for a player to build our team around and Ashley fancies really splashing the cash and trying to make a statement then Andres Iniesta at Barcelona would be my number one choice.

Reckon he may have to leave Barca eventually to play every week, especially if they really push for Fabregas next summer, which is possible. Even then he's got Xavi ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment, and despite the fact that he's seemingly been around forever Xavi is only 27.

I'm sure bigger clubs would want him too, but it's worth a shot. Basically he's a much better version of Emre who shows up all the time, he'd be immense in the Premiership.

Quite the long-shot I'll admit, but if we're looking for a player to build our team around and Ashley fancies really splashing the cash and trying to make a statement then Andres Iniesta at Barcelona would be my number one choice.

Reckon he may have to leave Barca eventually to play every week, especially if they really push for Fabregas next summer, which is possible. Even then he's got Xavi ahead of him in the pecking order at the moment, and despite the fact that he's seemingly been around forever Xavi is only 27.

I'm sure bigger clubs would want him too, but it's worth a shot. Basically he's a much better version of Emre who shows up all the time, he'd be immense in the Premiership.

Why would they want Fabregas though when Iniesta is better?

[/controversial]