England's World Cup bid, St James' and those stupid listed buildings.

danswan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Missing a trick here.

Get those crappy houses knocked down, expand the stadium to its full potential, bill the FA and the Government for the expansion (as they will be paying for it) then reduce ticket prices to fill the ground.

We'd fill it at a reduced rate, no problem.

That's kind of what I was inferring in the original post, although I doubt we could get the government to pay for it in entirety if it will cost that much to deal with those houses. Even a small percentage would be better than nothing though.

I suppose I was just thinking if this is ever going to happen, this is the opportunity.

Missing a trick here.

Get those crappy houses knocked down, expand the stadium to its full potential, bill the FA and the Government for the expansion (as they will be paying for it) then reduce ticket prices to fill the ground.

There isn't any logic to that post.

The government isn't going to give clubs lashings of money to redevelope thie r stadiums, it be enough to add some final touches maybe some extra safety facilities.

If we want rid of the housing behind the East stand, you can always burn it to the ground.

The government isn't going to give clubs lashings of money to redevelope thie r stadiums, it be enough to add some final touches maybe some extra safety facilities.

If we want rid of the housing behind the East stand, you can always burn it to the ground.

Who paid from COMMS?

My mate lives on Leazes terrace, so no basically. Gallowgate roof needs re-designing anyway, the atmosphere would be better if it was the same height as the Sir John Hall.

Coz your mate lives there.  mackems.gif

Oh well, thats it then, deals off, close the thread, never speak about it again, Chez has a mate who lives there, thats takes priority over everything.  :rolleyes:

Missing a trick here.

No logic in recuded tickets, of course not.

My mate lives on Leazes terrace, so no basically. Gallowgate roof needs re-designing anyway, the atmosphere would be better if it was the same height as the Sir John Hall.

Oh well, thats it then, deals off, close the thread, never speak about it again, Chez has a mate who lives there, thats takes priority over everything.  :rolleyes:

I think he was joking like. Although his mate does live there.

Its this sort of numb-nutted attitude that led to the destruction of half of Grainger town to make way for Eldon Square. That was a blinding move wasnt it?

Eldon Square is canny, provided plenty of jobs and places to shop.

Yeah, what a fuking waste of time that place is.

Yes thats the complete depth of my argument. Really showing your intelligence there.

Missing a trick here.

No logic in recuded tickets, of course not.

Well, that did have some logic to it actually. The rest of it didn't.

Yes thats the complete depth of my argument. Really showing your intelligence there.

What other depth is there?

Pretensious arse.

Its this sort of numb-nutted attitude that led to the destruction of half of Grainger town to make way for Eldon Square. That was a blinding move wasnt it?

Precisely. I really couldn't have put it better myself mate. T Dan Smith all over again? No thanks. If there was any need to expand the stadium it should be at the Gallowgate end only. To fuck with the Philistines who think nothing of the architectural heritage of Leazes Terrace.

Eldon Square is canny, provided plenty of jobs and places to shop.

Yeah, what a fuking waste of time that place is.

Cost £174m (some of that was private) between 1997 and 2003 to rectify the mistakes of the past. You know who Pevsner is? You know how Richard Grainger's architecture is considered across the world?

You go ahead and defend Eldon square though and as its history gets slowly revealed you'll see the point. I'd like to think Newcastle council has learnt from the horrendous mistakes of the past.

Pretensious arse.

In what way is that pretentious? Dont use words you dont understand. I was clearly joking, although i do feel strongly about the architecture of the city.

Guest Sniffer

Replacing classic architecture by glass and steel is part of the gradual dumbing down of society as evidenced by the morons who think it is a better alternative.

As long as you can shop, that's the main thing.

Pretensious arse.

In what way is that pretentious? Dont use words you dont understand. I was clearly joking, although i do feel strongly about the architecture of the city.

Chez - no need to get personal. Your argument carries quite enough weight and conviction without the need to resort to condescension like that.

TT - I don't know why you don't care about things like architecture and heritage, but I really wish you did.

Replacing classic architecture by glass and steel is part of the gradual dumbing down of society as evidenced by the morons who think it is a better alternative.

The Gate is a good (or bad) example of everything that is wrong with that kind of thing. It's fucking gash.

Except in this case, it's about (theoretically at least) the relative value of potentially increasing the club's revenue potential via gate receipts versus the aesthetic and heritage value of retaining and protecting some of the best neoclassical architecture in the North East of England.

The Gate is a good (or bad) example of everything that is wrong with that kind of thing. It's fucking gash.

Ironically paid for out of The Grainger Town Project funds too.

Moving them would be the best option.

In what way? Sorry like but you're talking about 100's of millions of pound at guess. Ridiculous - who the fuck is going to pay for that? Because the council and the government won't (if they ever agreed to a plan like that - which is highly unlikely). I think I'd rather see a fraction of the costs spent on the first team anyway.