Mad Darren

Nobby

Yup - I remember the Red Indian caller as well - been missing from the ground for a long time.

The bogs in the Gallowgate End were a disgrace - I still remember that the pots had no seat and that folk could watch you having a slash if they peered over the top of the Gallowgate ! :D

I didn't use the pots, pissing in the trough was bad enough although once the troughs were full utilised it was a case of pissing up the walls and waiting for it to find it's way to the turnstiles, I must admit walking through piss streams wasn't my idea of fun.  It was even worse when standing on the terracing when somebody decided to have a piss without going to the toilets, I was lucky enough to always manage to get out of the way unlike some people.

I think I remember seeing some lads relieving themselves at the back of the Scoreboard on occasion, but thankfully it didn't seem to be the norm.

I also remember 'The Surges' which could get quite boisterous on a big matchday. Used to get plenty of that in The Corner.

I also remember 'The Surges' which could get quite boisterous on a big matchday. Used to get plenty of that in The Corner.

you can see them very clearly on videos and dvds, mostly in 'the scoreboard', was class

you can see them very clearly on videos and dvds, mostly in 'the scoreboard', was class

I rarely went in the scoreboard, mainly the corner once they nicked our roof.  I don't think the scoreboard surged any more than the corner.

Was anybody at one terrible game in mid-winter when all standing areas started jumping up and down to keep warm?  Everybody made a noise which I can't describe but it was hilarious.

Guest sittingontheball

I stood behind Darren a couple of times and heard a similar story about his death. I didn't know it was rugby fans though.

I live overseas now and I was amazed to hear about that bloke getting banned from every ground in the country for singing the Tottenham Auschwitz song. Its great that the monkey chants have gone, but is the Tottenham Yids thing really rascism? They'd have had to ban 15,000 lads in the 1980s.

Remember many nights in the corner and getting involved just to stay warm but remember the corner most for Roy Aitkens debut against Leicester.  4-2 down with 13 mins to go.  Courtesy of McGhee and Quinn.  5-4 to the toon. Happy days!  Stayed back singing for about half an hour afterwards.  Great days.

Remember many nights in the corner and getting involved just to stay warm but remember the corner most for Roy Aitkens debut against Leicester.  4-2 down with 13 mins to go.  Courtesy of McGhee and Quinn.  5-4 to the toon. Happy days!  Stayed back singing for about half an hour afterwards.  Great days.

Yup - was a good day that. I was in the scoreboard that day. Was bedlam when McGhee scored the winner.

Oh and the Pompey game when David Kelly scored in 92. Never celebrated a goal like it before or since.