Owen's Injury/Shooting Technique

Tooj

Posted this over on Toontastic, so I believe it also deserves a spell over here as well.

Now before anyone starts, I'm not actually having a go here at young Michael, and this can actually be stemmed back a couple of seasons if you will.

Now Owen's shot seems to have gotten progressively weaker as the years have gone by, for example this season a few times he's just tried the side footing technique that has worked him well over so many years now, but the ball just doesn't seem to have any zip onto it.

But even when he was younger, he used to strike the ball quite well from around the edge of the box, for example he scored a corker against Luxembourg for England when Keegan was manager, I remember scoring a one against us at Anfield with a fair bit of power etc

I'm just wondering if any thinks there's any possible reason why he doesn't seem to do this anymore?

Same thing happened with Shearer after his ankle injury, when he used to take free-kicks he used to take a lot of them with the inside of his foot, but since that day at Goodison in '97, he always seemed to go for power and never appeared to attempt the ones off the inside of his foot, like when he scored his first goal for us against Wimbledon.

I'm just curious is this an actual injury thing? Or is it injuries possibly causing some form of physiological knock on affect.

Posted this over on Toontastic, so I believe it also deserves a spell over here as well.

Now before anyone starts, I'm not actually having a go here at young Michael, and this can actually be stemmed back a couple of seasons if you will.

Now Owen's shot seems to have gotten progressively weaker as the years have gone by, for example this season a few times he's just tried the side footing technique that has worked him well over so many years now, but the ball just doesn't seem to have any zip onto it.

But even when he was younger, he used to strike the ball quite well from around the edge of the box, for example he scored a corker against Luxembourg for England when Keegan was manager, I remember scoring a one against us at Anfield with a fair bit of power etc

I'm just wondering if any thinks there's any possible reason why he doesn't seem to do this anymore?

Same thing happened with Shearer after his ankle injury, when he used to take free-kicks he used to take a lot of them with the inside of his foot, but since that day at Goodison in '97, he always seemed to go for power and never appeared to attempt the ones off the inside of his foot, like when he scored his first goal for us against Wimbledon.

I'm just curious is this an actual injury thing? Or is it injuries possibly causing some form of physiological knock on affect.

You go in there, and you topsy-turvy that motherfucker. Topsy-turvy it.