Roy Hodgson

KaKa

British manager with an unbelievable amount of experience around the world managing in different countries and generally enjoying a good amount of success.

Why is he seemingly so unappreciated? Not even linked with the England job.

I mean he has even managed Inter Milan for goodness sake. Can someone shed some light on this?

What's this guys deal?

British manager with an unbelievable amount of experience around the world managing in different countries and generally enjoying a good amount of success.

I mean he has even managed Inter Milan for goodness sake. Can someone shed some light on this?

What's this guys deal?

Blackburn?

What's this guys deal?

Blackburn?

Yes. Think his record got a bit tainted there. But considering he was appointed ahead of Sven at the time, his "disappearance" from the game since has been a tad mistifying.

The fact he was pretty much shit at Blackburn solves your mystery.

That's all that most people in this country know him for so there is absolutely no chance of him being touted for the top job in the country.

Also, vast experience aside, what has he actually won to be considered alongside the likes of Mourinho and Capello? Nothing.

He wasnt that bad at Blackburn, he had them near the top of the league playing good football in his first season and ended up finishing 6th which was a success after they had finished 13th the year before. He was poor in the transfer market mind which is probably why he's done better as an International manager and you can't argue with his record there. (with Switzerland and Finland - played 32 lost only 4)

Didn't do well at Blackburn. Didn't do very well at Inter, either. I was quite surprised to see he was going back there.

I remember he got Inter Milan to the UEFA Cup final but lost on penalties,  and were only 6 points or so off the top of Serie A at the end of that season. But as you know in Italy managers get the sack for next to nowt.

He`s a far better candidate than the other English managers mentioned but as most of his career has been abroad he`s largely forgotton about.

On closer inspection, Roy Hodgson ticks all of the boxes. He is an Englishman, so passion for his country shouldn’t be hard to instill. He has managed some of the World’s top players; he signed Ronaldo for Inter Milan, where he also managed Youri Djorkaeff, Ivan Zamarano and Javier Zanetti. He successfully led Switzerland to the second round of the World Cup in 1994 and came within one match of taking Finland to next summer’s European Championships. While he might not have the extravagant personality of “The Special One”, he has shown in his TV work that he is eloquent and intelligent. He has a proven record of success at club level, having won the Swedish league 7 times with two different clubs, got to the UEFA cup final with Inter Milan, the Danish league title and successful stints in charge of Udinese in Serie A and Viking in Norway. He is English, available now, won’t cost the earth to hire and would doubtless love the job. He has a wealth of experience in European football, across six different national leagues and three different countries. He is the perfect man for the job, and I would put money on it that he isn’t considered.[/i[

http://www.texperts.com/blog/football-texpertise/

Hodgson has signed for Inter to work as Director of Football or in a role something related to that.

No doubt that he did a good job coaching Finland and we were so close to reach the Euro finals but his style of play is sooooo boring. Finland's biggest strenght is the defence but there's no much point in trying only to keep a clean sheet and forget the whole idea of attacking. I was kinda shocked to hear Hodgson's strategy for the games against so called bigger countries which was "just not to lose". Hodgson made us play defensively against such major forces as Azerbaijan and Kazhakstan even at home.

Happy he's gone to Inter and I'm just hoping that our FA will not go for another 0-0 type of a coach this time...

Damn sure he's not the type of a coach for Newcastle. I'd like to see us going for a offensive minded coach this time. Offence is the best defence you know...Rijkaard, Juande Ramos or Scolari types...not neccesarily these coaches but a guy with that philosophy of playing! We've been trying to fix our leaky defence with defensive minded coaches like Souness, Dalglish or Roeder and now Big Sam but look who's brought us some level of success since 90's...KK and Sir Bobby.